Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

You may have noticed the new look to the site. Looks pretty nice, doesn't it?

Well that's not the only thing that is new around here. Someone else has taken over this site, and hopefully can breathe a bit of fresh air into it, that apparently I have been unable to provide lately. And honestly, I just lost a lot of interest in this stuff. Didn't have time to shoot (except for squirrels prancing around in the front yard), and haven't had much interest in buying anything new.

So yeah, it was just time for me to move on and have someone else take over this site to put the time and effort into it that I just wasn't willing nor able to provide.

So you all be nice to Lash and help him out with this site. He won't be able to do it all alone and needs YOUR participation to keep this site alive.

Certainly I'll stop in now and again, but from here on out, where this site goes or becomes is all up to you all.

And Lash, good luck with this. At the very least, enjoy yourself here. Just watch out if Gunkid comes back when he gets out of prison.... :laugh:

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Hello Arms Locker Community,

Yes, the Arms Locker forum ownership has changed hands.

Rich and I have been in lengthy communication up to this point, and I’ve been working very hard at moving the forum to a new server, cleaning up the backend, and making several major upgrades to the software. I did consolidate a few of the forums, all in hopes of making everything better organized.

I want everyone to know that I will never charge any kind of subscription to use the Arms Locker community. Every function and feature and use of the site will always be free to the community. I cannot stress that enough. I’ve seen communities change hands and then the new owners start charging the users, and that will not happen here, so I’d like to squash that thought before it ever comes up.

My intent is to take what Rich has started and to continue to grow the site and community. My personal focus is going to be improving and growing the community. I do not work in the gun industry, and I have no ties to the gun industry. I’m just an enthusiast, and I like guns.

If anyone has any questions for me, please post up and I'll answer them as I read them.

Now, I'm going to go post up my introduction thread.

·
Registered
675 Posts
From the looks of another of your posts, it looks like you have fun with blowing anvils up too... Gotta say,.. I have never thought of doing that!! I think you are definitely a good fit... and I am happy that it is back online..and wasn't gone for good..:bow01:

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Rich,

Thanks for all the hard work. Yeah, I know, Lash did the work on the new site. The fact is though, you did the work on the old site and it was not easy from what I can tell. Building a site, bringing in forum members, keeping it running all the while as you had to deal with grumps like me is one thing, then you had the whole GunKid issue to put up with! You did one heck of a bang up job, I still cannot figure why interest was lost in the site, it was a great one.

Lash,

I wish you all the luck in the world with the new venture. Hopefully the site will keep running, will gain new members and will remain a place to share our thoughts about our firearms interests in a friendly manner.

Hope this is helpful: http://ballseyesboomers.blogspot.com/2010/09/ballseyes-gun-shots-91-armslocker.html

Good luck.

All the best,
Glenn B

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Lash,

I wish you all the luck in the world with the new venture. Hopefully the site will keep running, will gain new members and will remain a place to share our thoughts about our firearms interests in a friendly manner.

Hope this is helpful: http://ballseyesboomers.blogspot.com/2010/09/ballseyes-gun-shots-91-armslocker.html

Good luck.

All the best,
Glenn B
Thank you, sir. That was a very nice article you wrote.

I applaud Rich for what he started with Arms Locker. I think it's a great trove of information, and I am thankful for his trust in me to continue building on what he started. You'll notice that it says 'Site Founder' under Rich's username so that anyone who comes to the site knows he created Arms Locker.

The greatest value is the community and I want to do whatever I can to help grow and provide for that community.

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Thanks Rich for everything.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Rich,

I'm glad the ole site wasn't shut down..

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Lash, thanks for taking over and Rich, great job keeping it going as long as you did. I like the new look, btw. Cheers

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
well miss your guiding hand at the wheel rich. new boss same as the old boss?

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well miss your guiding hand at the wheel rich. new boss same as the old boss?
Well, I don't know lash well enough to say if he is similar to me or not. I guess everyone likes to think they are unique in the universe.

I run a couple of other sites that are much larger, and are taking up most of my time. This was just a passing fancy, I guess. I had an interest in guns, had space on one of my servers, so heck, why not? But as many of you probably noticed, I just lost interest in the guns. Sold off most of the collection and put the money into a new garage and cars. After months of seeing barely 10 members logging in per day, and nearly all new registrations being just spammers, yes, I was ready to call it quits. My plan had been to just point ArmsLocker.com to a single forum on one of my other much more traveled sites, and call it a day. Of course, all of the posts HERE would have been gone, as they could not have been transferred over. It just wasn't high on my priority list, so fortunately for you guys, lash showed up and expressed an interest in keeping this site alive. It was just pure luck that the site wasn't gone before that happened.

Seriously, YOU guys need to keep this site alive if you really want it to be around this time next year. The owner/admin just can't do it alone. Talk your friends into coming here and joining in. There is absolutely nothing more frustrating and disappointing for a message board owner than to just see the place vacant day in and day out. So if you guys don't make the effort, sooner or later lash will be in the exact same frame of mind that I was before he took over. And at that time, ArmsLocker might not be so lucky to find someone willing to take it over and it will be gone.

Truly, this site is in YOUR hands. Use it, or lose it.... It was a VERY close call this last time.

Rich Z.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Once again I'm late to the party!

Looks good. Glad to see the site did not go the way of the Dodo bird after all!

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
It'll come to life if I want it to. If you keep letting scumbags talk a lot of personal crap about me, tho, I'll drop ya.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts