Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
RICH- Questions on the Python

I have an older Python with a 6" barrel .357Mag. What is cylinder ring drag. It is my house & CCW carry gun- I have shot it thousands of times with .38Special wadcutters and Police rounds- and often do a "Reverse Russian Roulette" drill- load one full house .357 load, the other 5 with std. .38Specials and spin the cylinder without looking, close it, and fire 2 handed Weaver style- my neighbor (and ice fishing partner, ditto duck hunting) is a retired State Trooper (Detective) and in past years they were restricted to only carrying a .38Special revolver (now they carry Glock I believe) and he retired with a lot of target and issue ammo, which he shares with me-nice guy.
Also, my Python is a 1970's series with what he calls the "Custom Blueing" has wooden checkered grips- never missed a beat, still is "in time" and I prefer it to something newer (and possibly with more stopping power)-correct me if I am wrong here, but a revolver like mine, with the hammer down- has no springs under tension, as does an autoloader, plus the tension on the spring in each magazine-Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.