Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to react, draw 1911, hit 15"x24" metal silohuette, with primer powered ,45 wax ammo. This was 1977, at the first match that I put on. We shot the Advanced military Combat Course. Mas used a hand hover start, got it down to 1.10 seconds, for his reaction, draw and hit, and was HAPPY. I stood there with an IWB rig, FBI,and turned in sub .70 second times, and he was aghast. Then I put on the speed rig, and turned in sub .55 second times. :) I use hands at sides start, too. using hand hover, I turned in sub .40 second times. lots of people THINK that they're fast, when in actuality, they aint crap for speed.

·
Registered
9,822 Posts
I find it difficult to understand why that you don't answer my questions on the 1977 Nationals? You claim such a good memory but you can't answer the question of who won the match you claimed that you came 10th on? Or which handgun that he/she used?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yeah, I know what you mean about people thinking they are fast when they ain't crap. Take TGO, hands in surrender position, wrists above respective shoulders, busting .50 second draws. Can you imagine what the guy would do with the hand hovering? On man, under .40 for sure. Or Travis Thomasie, sub one second reloads, catching the magazine before it hits the ground. Or his El Pres in Limited 10 at the 2003 Factory Gun Nationals, 4.711 seconds with 7 Alphas and 5 Charlies. None of that over five second crap with D zone hits. Steve Mardsen shot it under 5 seconds too, and it's the factory gun nationals, not the race gun nationals. Wow, if these guys are shooting at the Nationals like that, imagine what they are doing in practice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts