Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
In order to comply with the new ATF rule on pistol braces, I ordered three regular plain & simple pistol buffer tubes; for the 9mm, .300bk, and .22LR ar pistols. KAK has them for $20, and for just another $5 each, you can get new carbine/pistol buffer springs as well, so I went ahead and ordered three of those as well. Should be here and installed well before the 120-day time limit is up.

Hate giving in to motardacious (or is it motardatious?) bureaucrats, but hate it less than going to jail over it. The guns will still work the same, so I haven鈥檛 really given up and capability, just mostly cosmetics.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've already done the same. I have a feeling this will be overturned in due time but:
1. I don't have the best personal relationship with that part of the federal government.
2. Until I move I don't want restrictions on crossing state lines with my firearms. And afterwards I hope to be residing where a decent range won't be too distant.
3. Like you said it's not much of a difference and I've shot a AR pistol pretty decently before way back before braces were a thing.

Administrator
I registered one pistol as an SBR and will see where it goes. I was going to build an SBR anyway, so now I鈥檒l just build a pistol to take its place. I view it as a double win. I stay legal, get a 鈥淔ree鈥 SBR, and end up building a new legal pistol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts