Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bayonets are about as useful as the proverbial breasts on a boar hog. Look, folks, I spent ten months in in Infantry Combat in 1969, Viet Nam, and never saw a bayonet used for it's intended purpose. i.e. Stick it in the enemy's torso. If you want to carry one around to look cool, fine. A good belt knife, like the pilots survival knife, or a good lock blade folder will serve you as well. Do you really think that towel head is going to get that close to you? If he does, shoot him, that's why God made 30 round magazines and 9MM handguns. Sometimes I wonder how many people on this board have real world experience or are wannabe commandos.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
While I'm not a "tacti-cool" type myself, and find that the bayonets are pretty silly myself on most rifles and all shotguns.

Only exception I'll make are for the old Russian rifles, that were designed to be fired with the bayonets, and don't shoot quite right without them.

Then again, if anyone thinks a MN is a "tactical" rifle, that's someone I can have a beer and conversation with.

·
Registered
130 Posts
:nope: Awww, ...... come on!

I think the bayonet I've got on my Glock looks really cool. Besides it's reassuring to know that if I ever have to shoot a guy 19 times with my 9mm G-17, AND he's still coming at me, I'll be able to finish him off with my pistol bayonet!

So far the only problem I've had with mine is finding the right holster to fit it. Right now I'm carrying in an oversized leather holster that I cut the bottom out of.

Only problem is that I keep on stabbing myself in the leg all the time. Fortunately none of the wounds have been all that deep and I've only needed a few stitches.

Nobody should knock this Glock bayonet accessory. I mean, after all, have you ever seen any of those old boarding pistols that pirates used to carry - two barrels and a knife sticking out the front!

So don't knock it until AFTER you've tried one. Sure it looks silly; and, occasionally, somebody might cut his dick off; but pistol bayonets can, also, give you an important edge. (No pun intended!) They work! :cool:

Big, Bad, Pistol Bayonet For A Glock -

·
Registered
261 Posts
I ended up owning an M7 bayonet in the early '90s, about the time the Army switched to the M9. I picked it up at a gun show for something like $7.50. It wasn't because I had to have a bayonet, :idea: but I had the idea to chop the blade off and use it to mount a Mini-Maglite. I never quite figured out what I was going to do about the grips, I was going to remove them probably and grind it smaller and then the "'94 Assault Weapon Ban" happened and they outlawed things like bayonet lugs on rifles (so many robberies occurred with a knife on the end of a rifle). I figured I'd keep it. I find it makes my "Evil Black Rifle" look more evil, but even that pales in comparison to the "Evil Black Shotgun". As for looking "Tacticool" I had someone suggest putting a 6 round side-saddle carrier on the Mossberg. I figure maybe doing that, a SpeedFeed III stock with 4 rounds, and a bandolier sling that holds 24 rounds and a Blackhawk shotgun bandolier with 55 rounds would make me :cool:, not as cool as the "tactical wheelbarrel" but one day maybe:D.

As far as practicality goes, it makes more sense for a bayonet on a shotgun than a modern autoloading rifle. they are slower to reload, hold less ammo and are intended for use at shorter ranges. If you are loaded with "Less Than Lethal" rounds, it may be your only defense at the moment something goes wrong. On my last deployment we weren't even issued them, they spent the whole time in the arms room. I am sure we would have had to be "certified" to carry them at Mob station if they were going to be issued (death by documentation).

As for the Russian rifles not shooting right without them, heck I don't think they shoot right with them (just joking).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts