Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

being w/o soft armor, shtf,= stupid, since

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Hard Rock 
#1 ·
a lot of people will have nothing but shotgun, pistol, pistol rd carbine, .22, etc, and such armor stops such rds. be sure to have a groin protector too, cause the vest leaves your guts exposed. Decent protection runs about $500, weighs about 4 lbs. Serves to help keep you warm in cold weather, too. Yeah, it's a bit hot in the summer, but you should be mostly hiding in daylight, so not much heat generated by movement, and you will be in the shade, and with such protection, you could risk not wearing the armor under such conditions, too. such armor is worth a LOT more than any advantages 308 offers over 223, for instance.

#2 ·
The armor is a good idea though I will keep my 308. A lot of us can afford both right now and those of us who can't immediately are willing make sacrifices to get what we need. You see, we aren't stupid like you imagine we are.

RIKA

#3 ·
Gunkid, have you ever had to wear body armor day after day, month after month? When you are in the military, its easy to maintain the discipline to wear body armor day after day. You do as you are ordered, no arguement. If the balloon ever goes up do you really think you have the self discipline to keep wearing it each day? I don't think so, I think that your like most people, keep it available and wear it when you need it.

I've chosen my firearms collection based on my needs, not a fantasy.

#4 ·
"I've chosen my firearms collection based on my needs, not a fantasy."

That's my policy also, but I will admit that I sometimes get a gun just because it's a great deal of fun to shoot.

#5 ·
I've always considered firearms ownership for the purposes of fun a "need".
After all you need to have fun, to enjoy everything that life can offer you. :) :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.