Arms Locker banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here own a Benelli Nova? I originally fell in love with the idea of a Benelli shotgun when I heard about the M3 auto/pump convertible. Well, that's out of my price range. In fact, the steep price for their autos actually threw me off of Benelli completely. Until now. Now I find that they make what appears to be a little gem of a pump at a reasonable price. I'm about ready to jump on board. I just wanted to see if any of you fine folks could tell me a little about them from experience.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Up until late last year I only had one shotgun, an Ithica 37f 12ga that I bought 25 years ago.

Last fall I bought a tactical Super Nova with ghost ring sights. I considered the auto, but given my history with a pump gun I decided to stick to the same action.

I've only had it out once and I was really impressed with the slug accuracy. It hit dead center on the first shot without a site adjustment at 25 yards. After the first shot, I stood some cut logs on end and filled the tube with 1oz max loads. Felt recoil seemed very light to me and I had fun knocking the logs over as fast as could (I couldn't do it as fast with the slug barrel on the Ithica).

I patterned some various buck loads (00, 000, #4), The pattern seemed a little large to me at 25 yards, but I've never shot those loads from a short barrel before. Even so, the patterns were shoulder to shoulder with some just outside.

The action seemed a little longer than I'm used too. I guess this should be expected considering my life long history with a three inch action.

I liked it enough that I'm going to buy another one with a long barrel.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx for the info, Bryan. I hadn't heard anything on their accuracy with slugs. That's good news. Everything I hear about these guns seems to be good so, should the funds come available soon I have every intention of purchasing one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts