Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

Beretta Neo U22?

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Rich Z 
#1 ·
Anyone bought one of these puppies to play with? Saw a couple lately and although they look kind of spacey, they really feel good in the hand.

#3 ·
I just hate to WASTE my money. If someone else has already wasted their money on something like this, I would just as soon learn from their experience, rather than have that aggravation myself. A gun that is unreliable, inaccurate, or both, is just plain useless.

#4 ·
well then, get a used BuckMark Browning

and testfire it before you buy. What's the Neo offer over the Browning? If you want a really handy, accurate .22, get a used, $250 Smith 2214 or 2213. 6" long, 2" groups at 25 yds, nice trigger and sights, 18 ozs. Saftey's awkward to manipulate, and hell to smith up better, too.

#5 ·
Well, I don't know what the Beretta would offer over the browning. Matter of fact, I doubt it would be better than the Hammerli Trailsides I already have. Gun collectors aren't really logical about what they buy, I guess. I just thought it felt good in the hand and might be a pleasure to shoot. IF it is fairly accurate, and IF it is reliable.

Of course, I do understand that just because someone else had a particular experience with the gun they bought is no guarantee whatsoever that the gun I buy will act the same way.

I'll have to look at the S&W you mentioned. I have a S&W 317-3 Airweight in .22, but it's really not all that accurate.

#6 ·
I had a 2" M34 Kit gun that was 2" at

25 yds. Nice little gun, altho the DA was very "gritty" and heavy. I mainly bought it as a practice gun for the .38 snub I was trying to "master" at the time (1974) I already knew better, really, but I was trying to give revolvers a real chance. I wore-loose 4 smiths that year, and realized that I was STILL nowhere as capable with them as I already was with a lw Commander .45.

#7 ·
I just bought another mkII.the slabsided ss 6.875in model.
That Beretta looks too much like the colt cadet for me.It also doesn't really fit my hand well either.
I REALLY liked the Hammerli trailside w/adjustable sights I looked @ a couple of weeks ago.I REALLY didn't like the $600 price though.
I'm still looking for a S&W model 41 for under $700....:confused:

#9 ·
Funny how that kind of mindset works. When I go to gunshows, I don't even SEE Rugers on the tables. My mind just blocks them right out. But I'll have to be honest, when Ruger comes out with a 10/17, I may have to buy one......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.