Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excluding gifts or raffles, what's been your best pistol or revolver purchase over the years?

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
CZ 82,M57 and standard Tokarev...Had a nice EG Mak from a guy who owed me for a favor.GP 100 6 inch blued .357-i had better trigger than the.38 only variant I carried at work.
Nowadays I say keep your eyes skinned for generation 3 SW steel frame autos and most CZ from the last 15 years or so.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I once found a S&W Model 19 (6", pinned bbl) that was completely covered with surface rust. The bore and chambers were good and it was not out of time. I bought it for $50 and cleaned it up with WD 40 and #0000 steel wool. It was a good shooter.

I also bought a Webley MK IV for $85. Remington 146 gr. RNL shoots precisely to point of aim and it will hit a dime at 21 feet.

·
Registered
397 Posts
A couple, three years back, I walked into a gunsmith's shop, saw a Blackhawk he'd taken in lieu of payment. Looked nearly brand new, .357 witha 9MM extra cylinder. Bought it for $135. A few months later I was talking to a real estate broker about selling a few acres. Talk worked around to guns, he had a Blackhawk .357 + 9MM cylinder that he's never used due to failing eyesight. Got that one for the same price. Both have 4 5/8" barrels, look brand new. Good shooters, Wife carries one in her purse for her CCW.

DC

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hard to say, I like them all except one, the Taurus 24/7... hate the trigger. I bought my glock 31 brand new for $299 from a glock rep... that's the best deal I've ever had... that and my wife is almost blind so she doesn't know what I really look like. Love is blind (good for me).

·
Registered
10,278 Posts
My Series 70 Colt Government Model in .45acp. Silly.............

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Do you mean what was the best pistol I ever purchased or what was the best deal I ever got ona pistol

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
The Best deal I have gotten lately is the three CZ 82's I bought for less than $500.00, total. Their going for $300.00 plus+ in my area now. Years ago I bought a Taurus M66 six inch .357 for $100.00 NIB. The guy that bought thought it was a .38, and didn't want a "Magnum". I tried to explain (Honest!) that he could shoot .38 Specials through it. Nope, didn't want it. I still have it and it shoot's as good as any revolver I've ever shot with the exception of a Colt Officer's Model Match in .38 Special. That one I had to watch getting cut up by a Government cutting torch! AAAARRRGGHH!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts