Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

big bore useful about 2 weeks of the year

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Teufelhund 
#1 ·
(legal big game season) Rest of year, DEFENSE, varmints, etc, are main use of ANY handgun, and a monster SA revolver SUCKS for those uses. So the odds are 26 to 1 that your "favorite field revolver" SUCKS at its job.

#3 ·
Hmmm, I hunt feral hogs year round here in Texas. Snap shots can be quite common in some areas and a large bore pistol can knock them destructive exotics down pretty well.

KJ

#5 ·
I carry mine much more than "two weeks" a year. Where I live, it doesn't have to be a "hunting season" to carry a handgun in the woods; and that's got nothing to do with LE considerations.

The only "woods time" I spend without my SRH, are times I carry another handgun; usually either a 9mm glock or occasionally a .357 revolver or .22 pistol. But literally 90+% of the time, the SRH is it.

Once the suppressed Mk2 comes back, even being just a .22LR, it may replace the SRH often. Have to see when the time comes.

#8 ·
Open season on red squirrels in Mi.Some of 'em are pretty big....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.