Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and noise and range for varmints, not enough power for long range big game, too much wind drift and drop for sniping at serious ranges.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
"too much wind drift and drop for sniping at serious ranges.
"

Which is why our US Army and Marine Corps snipers are using them today in Iraq and Afghanistan.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
I had a Remington M788 in .308 for 14 years, bought it in 1979, fantastic rifle. For a 5 year period I used to put a 1000 Canadian 7.62mm Ball through it each year. After 5 years it still gave groups of 1 1/4" at 100 yards.

I shot my bragging shot with a Remington M788 fitted with a Bushnel/Banner 4x scope fitted with a BDC. I was using Remington 150 grain Core Lokt. I was hunting on the prairies and only able to get within 450 yds. I got into the prone, snuggled up to the stock, dialed into 450 and gently squeezed. 6 pointer mulie buck, 1 shot, heart shot! He went straight down. I never started out hunting season unless I had fired a minimum of 200 rds in practice for that year.

If you have an opportunity , buy one, great guns. But then gunkid isn't capable of mastering that type of firearm!

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Somebody who favors the 10in CAR has no concept of a good rifle. Buttery smooth action, superb trigger, sub MOA accuracy, sleek lined BA. Heaven on earth. Only an inept clod would sneer at that.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
And this guy proposes to have "A vast knowledge of all types of guns" ? 7.62MM is used in MACHINE GUNS that range out to 1,000 METERS. In a quality bolt action rifle, not a heavy barreled sniper rifle, just a good rifle, I would expect regular hits out to 500 yards. Sheesh! Where does he get this stuff?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts