Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so what? Why not just use a .22, since it's just meaningless noisemaking, anyway?

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
andy said:
so what? Why not just use a .22, since it's just meaningless noisemaking, anyway?
I love your reasoning. Why use even a 22 for meaningless noisemaking when you can noise pollute cyberspace with your keyboard, GK.

Now to your point. Most hi-power shooting isn't plinking but serious practice of one kind of another. Most of it involves paper targets because many of the civilian ranges that I am familiar with don't allow metal reactive targets because of safety considerations. Thats a shame but you have to live with their rules of you want to shoot.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
I like .22's and I like centerfires. .22's are lot's and lot's of fun, but the useless noise centerfires are fun, too. .223's are not that expensive when bought in quantity, and the 8MM's I have been fooling with lately are dirt cheap. 7.62 X 39 is cheap, also. Shoot those AK's and SKS's, that's what their for. I shoot my pretty Colt, too. And it is expensive. I don't care. :nyah:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, and you aint much good with them, either. :) Garands get their asses kicked at matches, EVERY weekend by 223 AR's. :) They almost NEVER win. Even the 308's RARELY win. That's been true for about a decade now. Wake up and smell the coffee.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Hmm, don't remember any 11.5" CARs at any matches, much less winning. Besides, the .223 printing a 2" group at 400 yards versus the 2.25"group of a .30 caliber, doesn't say anything for what happens after the bullet enters the body at that range, I.E. terminal ballistics.

Misconceptions like yours are what comes of getting ALL of your data out of magazines.

·
Registered
10,277 Posts
You would be surprised how well a Garand does up here in 3 gun matches when fired by an experienced shooter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts