Arms Locker banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BigJon,

I've tried calling to see how things are going with the hurricane, but your phone lines went down early. E-mail won't go through either. If you can get on-line, let us know what happened.

Also, if you need something, let us know.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
WHOA! A thread with my name in it - and on BG's board too! Man, it only took me 46 years to become truly, truly famous. :D

Thanks for askin' bro. Everything's fine here. As you know, we are latitudinally about in the middle of Alabama. These storms really cause maximum damage on their right front corners usually, and the folks just to our east really got hammered. It got so bloomin' bad that it wiped out a freakin' Interstate bridge, and that's a bit tough to do!

The only damage I suffered was self-inflicted. I live on a street that's full of old folks, so of course, I headed out early, while it was still a tad windy, to check on folks. A few had trees down. A couple of those were blocking driveways, and me being the "manly man" I am (defined as "he who owns a truck and a chain, and wants to prove it once in awhile), I went back to my old land-clearing days and jumped in to get them clear. I did fine, until I decided that rolling the logs with my foot was too slow and started carrying them. Yea, I knew better. And, yea, I fubared my back. No sweat - I'm one of those very lucky folks for whom Ibuprofen works as well as any 'scripted drug, and after a week of taking 1,600 MG a day if it, I'm almost back to my usual self.

Anyway, no bad problems with me or any of mine.

Take care,
Jon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts