Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No justification(well ss doesn't rust/bluing wears/nickel is for pimp guns)please.

I'm curious in what grabs your attention.

What would you like more of?

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Dont care, one way or the other. Stainless just has to be blackened, and some stainless is a bit soft. Just ca paste wax everything and rust is never a problem. The wax helps with blue wear in the holster, too.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ask because I just bought my first Python.An eight inch nickel job.It came w/a Burris 3x scope.I was disappointed the first time at the range.Between the fact that I'm not used to using a scope & the fact that this thing balanced like a brick in the wind I was happy to stay on paper at 15 yards.

Then I took the scope off.

Holy great Jesus jumping Christ on a beanstalk!Wow!

I've never shot anything like it.Smiths,Rugers,D.Wessons,they pale compared to how that Colt balances-how it points so naturally in hand.To say that I was/am impressed would be a graphic understatement.

& then I heard today that Colt really is going to stop wheel gun (Python/Anaconda) production in 2005.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I'm pretty much a blued steel S&W DA revolver gal though I have a stainless Mod 24. Guess I'll have to vote blue steel.

Your Python is one of the prettiest and finest DA revolvers made. Congrats on such a great find. :beer:

RIKA

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rika?Blued steel & walnut are my favs too.I can't wait to get my hands on another 8 3/8 M57.

This Python is fast growing on me though.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Blued steel is my fav.
I prefer rosewood to walnut on handguns.
Is that Python a new manufacture or one of the old ones? I hear the old ones make the newer ones look like garbage.
You want a nice looking python? Check this out:
1959 Python

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Magnum, thats a gorgeous perfect Python. It looks like a 4 incher. Is it yours?

One question. Photo #4 shows what appears to be a medallion of some kind behind the recoil plate. Is that a reflection or something because photo #3 doesn't show it.

Darn it! I'm drooling on my keyboard. :D And I'm happy that you have such a beautiful revolver.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Alas, RIKA, no. However it really has me lusting after an old, blued Python. Problem these days is, the bluing isn't any different, it's the fact that the pre-blue polish job that that Python got would probably cost $800+ dollars alone. So, we don't see any but high-dollar custom jobs with that level of finish.

The "medallion" looks like the reflection of a silver dollar.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
I love stainless!!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well,here it is.(I hope)

I give up.I hate computers.Grrrrr.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
I only own two "shiny" guns. One nickel and one brushed stainless steel. I like the blue/black look. Grips are made to be comfortable and aid in accuracy, not for "pretty". Here's my nickel (pimp) gun.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
my heart has always been with the blued finish, although i own a 'few' ss

the blued colt's revolver is my[1] favorite[i've never dug deep enough in the ass-pocket, for the price of a python, yet!]

the colt/s.w. debate[ imo] is just talk, [i think a smith will hold up better in a brutal 'torture testing'[imo] i think, it's what you cut your teeth on that forms a persons opinon, and i chewed on colt's, those idiots from kentucky[some of them really were 'idiots'] always sang the praises of the smith-wesson. :wavey:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts