Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Guns and Ammo Annual had a write up on these,years ago, claiming 1-2" groups at 50 yds, (I forget) for a gun that was about 7" and 30 ozs. The Knifemaker liked to ride his motorcycle out into the CA desert and pop Jackrabbits with it. According to the bozos HERE, however, that can't be so, because ANY "chop" of any gun just HAS to be "butchery". The reason that they "think" thusly, of course, is that if THEY tried it, it WOULD be butchery, and arrogant deleted derogatory that they ARE, they can't ADMIT that other men are better than they are, at ANYTHING.

(Note: if you can convince me that the term you used above, which I deleted, and you know which I mean, is not derogatory, then I will not delete it in the future, otherwise please refrain from using it when referring to other forum members, thanks) I left the thought about other members being arrogant, as I guess you are entitled to an opinion about them, even a strong opinion.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
You've described YOUR methods of chopping, and it is butchery. REAL gunsmiths can chop a gun and do it right.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I've seen the article that GK is talking about. Loveless did a beautiful job. If GK were capable of doing work like that he would be a master. But then his own description of his methods says that he is incapable of fine work.

RIKA

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
You know I have to agree with those who call you on this 223 Fan, some of the work you have described has been pretty crude sounding. However, if you can do work like a professional and come up with a finely finished product then that is great. I don't think anyone here doubts it can be done, so long as it is being done by a competent gunsmith. Several guns have ben chopped versions of bigger ones, I think there was one called an ASP years ago that was a chopped down S&W 9mm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts