Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever shot one of these rounds? If so, did you need an icepack for your arm afterward? Right now I'm thinking about getting a few boxes I have a smooth-bore Remington 870. I figure 000 buck is great for self defense but if I ever ran into a bear 2 legged or 4 then this appears to be the right ammo for the job.

Cheeper than dirt seems to have the best price that I have found:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/37896-5.html

·
Registered
432 Posts
Sounds pretty darn effective for short range dangerous critters!
I have use different brennekes on deer and they have been pretty accurate
out of smoothbore and rifled bbls........

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I haven't shot those in particular, but I do use the Winchester 1oz @ 1600 FPS loads and those certainly let one know when they've been discharged. I'd imagine that 1 3/8oz @ 1500 is probably a serious thwomp. As for two legged creatures, remember that, while still certainly serious business, its basically a 3/4" linear tunnel for a wound channel, with the loads having minimal controlability. Certainly a good pick for a bear though as far as I can tell...

·
Registered
432 Posts
I shoot 1oz slugs (3")and they do let ya know your shootin' something bigger than a .22............after a couple of boxes you'll feel it - but nothing long term unless your weapon is not fitting right.

I can shoot 4 rounds of skeet with MY Citori and feel tired but not sore.....
Did 1 round with my buddies 101 and I have a giant bruise and my shoulder went numb, didn't feel wrong at first......
so fit makes a big deal!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Brenneke has recalled some of their Black Magic Magnum 12GA. 3" Slugs. The following lot numbers are recalled:

The lot numbers can be found on the inside of the box's top flap. Apparently there is insufficient powder in these cartridges which could result in a squib round.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts