Arms Locker banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any drawbacks? Im thinking about getting a norinco clone of this rifle.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Only problem I ever had was hot spent casings hitting my left forearm (bottom ejection) because I shot with my left elbow straight down. Once I moved it to the side the rifle shot fine. I would make sure that the takedown mechanism locks tight. Testfire it beforehand if I could. I understand that the Norinco copy is real nice but my experience is with the Browning.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
When I held an FFL, I ordered and sold several to customers. I wouldn't stock them.

They are not finished as good as the Browning, however they don't cost as much either.

The Norinco model designation used to be the ATD, or Automatic, Take Down.

If you just want to go bang, then buy the Norinco. If you want a little pride of ownership, buy the Browning. That being said, I have two Browning 22 Automatics.

Just hold your left arm slightly to the side as RIKA said. Oh, don't wear a short "T" shirt when shooting it either. If you wear loose waisted pants, or an open shirt, you will probably learn to do the HOT 22 CASE BOOG-A-LOO.

I stopped accepting orders for the Norinco, when I was advised the Red Army, at that time, ran all of the manufacturing in China. Today, I don't know if that is still true. However, I will not buy, or use anything manufactured in RED China.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, im looking for something basic. I wish i had enough for the real browning, but the tag on it is a little heavy.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Coyote said:
Yeah, im looking for something basic. I wish i had enough for the real browning, but the tag on it is a little heavy.
The price on the Browning is a LITTLE heavy. I bought both of my Brownings used. The first one I found looked like it had never been shot. The second one, was also in a mint condition, but had been shot. This one gunshop I go to, for some reason, always seems to find mint used guns. And, they also put MINT PRICES on them. My wife is the biggest supporter of my hobbby, and since she knows how much I use the guns. She bought the second Browning.

Her unqualfied support is probably why her christmas present is faceted and sparkly.

I think you're in Vancouver, BC, am I correct? How is that onerous Canadian gun registration thing doing?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its pretty funny, to tell you the truth. Half the provinces have rebelled, just arent bothering to even make sure you register. We never registered any of our rifles; Weve just got the permits. Its a really crappy idea as far as I can tell; Noone ever registered and we wasted 2 billion dollars. I dont know what the problem was with the old system anyway, but whatever. I do like the idea of a safety course for new shooters though, it seems like a good idea. I had alot of fun with it.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
it ejects straight down. In summertime, u cant hold your weak side forearm where you should, or you'll get the crap burned out of you. Basically, it's got nothing to offer, compared to the Marlin Papoose, and it's WAY behind the Ciener .22 unit for the AR, utility wise. The Papoose needs a Lexan forend, tho.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The ejection shouldnt be an issue, I shoot with my forearm to the side. A Papoose isnt my bag, dont like the stock for several reasons. Neither is an AR, Im not a fan and I dont see the point of chambering one in .22.

I think Ive made my decision.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
of course you don't. combat performance doesn't mean a thing to you, and you'd never dream of making a can.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Lexan is the material used in polycarbonate windows andy. Why wouyld I want aclear plastic forend?

Twit.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hahahahha, your right, I wouldnt dream of making a can. I have no use for one, loser. Unlike you, I dont have to hide the fact that I have guns - I can shoot em loud and proud, con. And no, combat performance doesnt mean a thing to me. Im not in combat! :)

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Coyote said:
Hahahahha, your right, I wouldnt dream of making a can. I have no use for one, loser. Unlike you, I dont have to hide the fact that I have guns - I can shoot em loud and proud, con. And no, combat performance doesnt mean a thing to me. Im not in combat! :)
Siccum Coyote, nail NUTTY JOHN'S ass ...

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
andy said:
of course you don't. combat performance doesn't mean a thing to you, and you'd never dream of making a can.
Hey NUTTY JOHN, are your dreams still wet?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts