Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10" at 5 yds. I said about 2.0 seconds. Then I cheated and got lucky. I started with hands hovering over gun and mag, drew both at the signal, fired both rds from the hip, got the hits, time was sub 1.5 seconds. :) Guy left, convinced he'd seen the fastest gunhandler who ever lived.

·
Registered
10,313 Posts
And that was 30(?), 33(?) years ago?? Geez at a whole 5 yds, you could almost hit the target with the muzzle of the pistol!!!!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Good point. What have you done lately?

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
10" at 5 yds. I said about 2.0 seconds. Then I cheated and got lucky. I started with hands hovering over gun and mag, drew both at the signal, fired both rds from the hip, got the hits, time was sub 1.5 seconds. :) Guy left, convinced he'd seen the fastest gunhandler who ever lived.
You reloaded at the hip?

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
you couldnt do it in 2.5 seconds to save your soul. Her coarch can still do it in 2.0 seconds, no problem at all. Well over 90% of civilian self defense stuff occurs at 5m or less.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
you couldnt do it in 2.5 seconds to save your soul. Her coarch can still do it in 2.0 seconds, no problem at all. Well over 90% of civilian self defense stuff occurs at 5m or less.
Who is Her? And who can't do what in two and a half seconds? Your post's are getting no clearer in your old age.

·
Registered
10,313 Posts
Are we talking about the current "wifey"? Please tell us which matches she has attended and shot in during the 2021 shooting season?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
And if he's talking the stand and deliver timed bull shit that's for games.
I just practice draw from concealment and practice movement when the public range is empty.
I really should just get a .22 unit for my 26 to practice cheaper and more often.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
And if he's talking the stand and deliver timed bull shit that's for games.
I just practice draw from concealment and practice movement when the public range is empty.
I really should just get a .22 unit for my 26 to practice cheaper and more often.
I got a Kit for my CZ 75 framed guns and one for my G21. They definitely are a good idea with today's centerfire prices. Also, they're a lot of fun. You save a lot of money and your using your "working" guns. I especially like the Kadet Kit because the slide is heavy enough to replicate the weight of the 9MM slide.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Been there, done that. The trouble with 22 LR adapter kits is that you won't get the same recoil; and, consequently, you won't be able to 'tune yourself into the gun' on double, triple, and rapid fire shot strings.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Been there, done that. The trouble with 22 LR adapter kits is that you won't get the same recoil; and, consequently, you won't be able to 'tune yourself into the gun' on double, triple, and rapid fire shot strings.
True. I look at the Kit's as a initial training tool before moving to the centerfire round.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts