Arms Locker banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just to check functioning, pulling the trigger with his pinkie. 200 yds a year aint PRACTICE, it's nothing.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
What a silly post. Who cares.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Why not get the Mrs. to tie you upside down from a tree. Oh ya, you don't shoot! Its all fantasy!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
If he was smart, he'd fire in unusual positions not to check functioning but for accuracy. One of the stress courses we ran at the SMTC sniper match this year was a shot from a window where the window was open 2 inches. To make the shot and see the target, the shooter had to turn the gun on it's side.

The target was a close one too, only about 300 yards out. Most of the people missed it but a few have practiced of canter shooting like that and were able to score hits.

Mike

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
For special situations it might make sense, Otherwise no.

·
Registered
33 Posts
what be this silly homie talking about now shootin moles or something?

sound like them young dum bros who hold the gun sidways

an I don mean when they has to

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
big waste of time. your POI is MANY feet off your POA, at 300 yds, with rifle. Just the sort of IGNORANT crap dumbasses like you would be wasting time and ammo upon. I'm glad to see that you aint wising up any.

With the fetal position, firing a 1911, the POI shifts to the side you are lying upon, and low, by about 8", at a mere 50 yds. You "think" your rifle sights are closer to the line of bore than a 1911's are? Think again.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so who says you HAVE to take the shot, right then and there, hmm? :) Dumbasses just SWALLOW whatever some OTHER lame decides makes a "good test". Test of WHAT? your stupidity about what's feasible,and what you have to just blow-off? If it HAS to be done, youll find some OTHER way, or the job just won't get done, that's all. tough stuff.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Here is why you are wrong... it's better to have the skill and not need it than need it and not have it. The thing is, until it really happens, you don't know WHAT skills you will need and what you will rely on. 99% of the stuff I've learned may not be usable if the shit hits the fan but you know what? On the off chance that I need to be able to do something I've got a much better chance of doing it and surviving than you do.

Unless and until you learn this fact of life, you cannot be taken seriously.

Mike

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
andy said:
so who says you HAVE to take the shot, right then and there, hmm? :) Dumbasses just SWALLOW whatever some OTHER lame decides makes a "good test". Test of WHAT? your stupidity about what's feasible,and what you have to just blow-off? If it HAS to be done, youll find some OTHER way, or the job just won't get done, that's all. tough stuff.
And who says you don't have to take the shot? Hmm?

If one possibility is valid, then so is the other one. You cannot dictate what situations are handed you. (Contrary to what you like to post.)

A skill you have that is not needed is no big deal.

A skill you need that you don't have can kill you.

Something to ponder, especially since know one knows what skills will be needed should S ever HTF.

:devil:

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Why would shooting upside-down be a good idea, but shooting "canted" (sideways) be stupid?

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Good question!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts