Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been looking around from jgsales, ammoman, ammunitiontogo. Im looking for a good deal on .223/5.56. Have 2k rds of LC, and over 1k of wolf(but im gonna try to sell those). Wanna make up for the lose on wolf ammo. Trying to get around another 2-3k after that I'll start reloading my own.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
What kind of 5.56 weapon do you have?

As for Wolf ammo, its resale value will be crap and it is fine blaster ammo. No reason not to use it on the shorter-range drills, its comparatively weak steal case won't cause any damage to a properly made weapon and as long as you clean the lacquer residue in the chamber you're good to go.

I've seen a bit of Guat M193 (real, not pull downs) going around online too for not too outrageous of a price; AIM, Ammoman, and Cheaper than Dirt have it IIRC.

Edit to Add: You'll probably want to have some data with Wolf ammo considering the state of things and its availability.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I can't find the Guat stuff now. Probably sold out, though I'm sure its around Gunbroker.

Ammoman has Federal/LC XM193 for $450/1000 rounds. The standard 1:9 20" and 16" RRA configurations usually do decently with Federal XM193 and shoot about 2MOA give or take a little.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah ammunition to go had Lake City 1k bulk for 335(when i bought the 2k rounds), then 5 days ago they were carrying Century something, and I hesitated, went back a day after and sold out. Got on gunbroker, and saw where it all went. Sold on the site for 335, guy on gunbroker was asking 420+shipping. I was kinda heated. :madeuce:

Think what Im gonna end up doing with the wolf ammo is contact the guy I bought it from off gunbroker who actually doesnt live far from me, and see if he'll trade for some .308 ammo, since hes always getting ammo in.

Guess Ill just keep checking every other day.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
I think a lot of people are in a panic buying mode right now. Which, of course, will mean price gouging at every turn. But heck, I guess it is whatever the market will bear when something is in high demand. Fortunately I stocked up YEARS ago, so I'm in no need to buy anything more. I think I have more .50BMG ammo then God does......... :laugh:

Now, if I had been smart, I should have gotten a couple of tables at a nearby gun show and SOLD some of this stuff for a premium.

·
Registered
1 Posts
wolf ammo update

Purchased 500 rounds of wolf polymer, 223, 55gr, fmj for my colt ar-15, after 250 rounds, no misfires, somewhat, note..somewhat more dirty to clean rifle, but the new wolf polymer coating seems to have corrected the old lacguer issue of possible gumming up the rifle. Ordered 500 more rounds of wolf at 72 gr, no problems after 120 rounds.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I concur regarding the latest Wolf. Fine for practice, no issues. I really didn't notice it leaving behind any more fouling than usual. (non-AR-15)

edit: Shot up the rest of it in a Mini and AR-180B. No issues, ejection was consistent and positive, accuracy is OK for practice. I'm buying more. (Midway just got some in)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts