Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have recovered MANY hundreds of rds of 223, count on that. half of 86 rds of 223, half of 200 rds of subsonic 22lr, that's a LOT of dead men, to expect NONE of them to have been carrying 223. :) Over half of them are going to be carrying .22lr, after the first few weeks after shtf, anyway. The ones who havent wised up and learned to have SOME sort of .22 will be long since dead. Most of the living, after a few months of shtf, will have some sort of silenced firearm, too. They will HAVE to, that's all, or they'll be numbered among the dead.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
After posting about being foolish to shoot pistol claibers, we see that the smart person will be using .22?

Ok.

Yes, but non-super duper handloaded normal .223 will not perform very well from your super short 10" barrel.

Of course, you assume that you will live long enough to fire half your ammo, or that you won't use that much the first time you have to break contact with a superior group.

:devil:

·
Registered
9,609 Posts
Your not smart enough to live to see half your ammo used to kill anyone. What a WANNABE.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ir's half of 84 rounds not 86, jesus can't you keep your shit straight?

Have fun with the unknown velocity, trajectory and terminal ballistics of whatever mystery ammuntion you've scrounged up.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Havent you ever considered the possibility that they would be shooting at you too? Your just fantasizing. 2 or 3 guys can put down alot more firepower than one person, no matter how they are armed, simply because of angles.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
andy said:
by the time I fire HALF of my ammo, I'll have recovered MANY hundreds of rds of 223, count on that. half of 86 rds of 223, half of 200 rds of subsonic 22lr, that's a LOT of dead men, to expect NONE of them to have been carrying 223. :)
Nothing like watching someone bet the whole farm on a single spin of the roulette wheel.

So, what makes you think that you won't be the one harvested? After all, you're the one wandering through unknown terrain - alone.

andy said:
Over half of them are going to be carrying .22lr, after the first few weeks after shtf, anyway. The ones who havent wised up and learned to have SOME sort of .22 will be long since dead.
I know of no one here who doesn't already have a .22 weapon of some sort.

andy said:
Most of the living, after a few months of shtf, will have some sort of silenced firearm, too. They will HAVE to, that's all, or they'll be numbered among the dead.
I've noticed that you seem to have lost your sense of scale and distance. This can happen after prolonged confinement. Your thinking is very confined in how you perceive distances and ranges. This is one of reasons you feel you HAVE to have a suppressor. Suppressors can be handy under certain circumstances, but they are not an absolute must.

·
Registered
163 Posts
andy said:
have recovered MANY hundreds of rds of 223, count on that. half of 86 rds of 223, half of 200 rds of subsonic 22lr, that's a LOT of dead men, to expect NONE of them to have been carrying 223. :) Over half of them are going to be carrying .22lr, after the first few weeks after shtf, anyway. The ones who havent wised up and learned to have SOME sort of .22 will be long since dead. Most of the living, after a few months of shtf, will have some sort of silenced firearm, too. They will HAVE to, that's all, or they'll be numbered among the dead.
And I'll ask again,IN WHAT WET DREAM DO YOU RATIONALIZE ALL THIS DRIVEL? :confused: :confused: :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts