Arms Locker banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Motherlode to suppliment the mule I already own. The mule will be sold.

The motherlode is in coyote brown, has molle compatible attach points and is adjustible every way possible.

The coloring makes it suitible in forrest as well as desert. The fact that it is not technically camo, it doesn't get a second glance in public.

Three well thought out compartments, plus a separate compartment for the hydration bladder.

Has openings to accept radio antenna, and run wires to headset. (personally, I like a throat mike) The openings have velcro seals for when they aren't in use.

The hydration tube is covered and features a cap that covers the bite valve. This is great for keeping crap out of the tube when you go prone or set the pack down. It also has an on/off valve, as well as a quick disconnect button.

The tube can be separated from the hydration sack, and a water purification filter is available that attaches between the bladder and the drinking tube. (I will be ordering one to try out)

The straps are well padded, and for a frameless patrol type pack, weight distribution is very good. There's a sternum strap that has a second elastic strap attached to one side to allow the shoulder straps to move with you. It also features an adjustable hip belt.

There are plenty of compression straps that feature velcro keepers. after you tighten the pack, you simply roll up the excess strap and then it velcros into a small roll - no dangling straps. This is a very nice feature to have.

I highly recommend this pack to anyone looking for a patrol / day pack. (although it clearly holds enough to do a 3-4 day trip in comfort.)

:devil:

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's about what I paid for mine...(I think I paid $115.00 + tax)

If you need a pack in that size range, you won't be disapointed.

:devil:

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Thread ressurection here.

I've been looking over different mid sized packs to replce a couple that are getting worn abit.

Aslan- How has this pack been holding up for you?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.