Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with bull barrel. :) 6 lb rifle, 3/4 lb can, 10" barrel, 9" of can. it offers so MUCH more potential, for both foraging and fighting, that it makes the .22 rifle look completely sick. The .22 unit can handle foraging just fine, and can also quietly remove a "problem" man or two. The 223 extends your effective range on men to 1/4 mile, and can effectively take deer to well over 100m, given good sp handloads and ribcage shots. It can also brain really big animals to that distance, given a braced firing position. No other longarm is even remotely as versatile as is the scoped, canned CAR-15 and .22 unit combo.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
The 11in barrel is whats killing you - its just totally impractical. Nobody is going to carry their rifle in their pants. Now if you talked about an AR with a 16 or 20in barrel with a quality suppressor equipped with the snap-on lock you might have some credibility.

Fantasy weapons won't cut it in the real world.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
u r ignorant & lazy. The 10" barrel gets

60 gr sp's to 2600 fps, no problem at all. Such a 223 hit, at 1/4 mile, and you are ZERO threat to a man who is sensibly using cover, at HALF that distance, until you bleed out and die. If all he is doing is lying prone,in the OPEN, you can't hit him at 1/4 mile, after taking such a hit. So you are simply fos to claim that a 10" barreled 223 isn't PLENTY effective. It will easily get over 50% hits on 12"x24" torsos at 1/4 mile, under some pretty bad conditions, from the bipod.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
andy said:
So you are simply fos to claim that a 10" barreled 223 isn't PLENTY effective. It will easily get over 50% hits on 12"x24" torsos at 1/4 mile, under some pretty bad conditions, from the bipod.
Nope. You won't always have the bipod. Also, I don't settle for 50% hits - 90-100% is my style. I don't settle for second or third best.

RIKA

G

·
Stupekid, 600 yards with a pos CAR? Bi-pod or no, stupekid you think people stand EXACTLY at 600 yards? What a lame! Stupekid, the 11 CAR's balistics make it where if you are off 50 yards in your rangeing you will miss and miss and miss. You are so fos on this. The CAR is trash at long range. Pure trash.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
andy said:
The 10" barrel gets 60 gr sp's to 2600 fps, no problem at all. Such a 223 hit, at 1/4 mile, and you are ZERO threat to a man who is sensibly using cover, at HALF that distance, until you bleed out and die.
Starting with a MUZZLE velocity that low, means it won't have sh!t left at 1/4 mile. It won't have nearly 2600 fps at 1/4 mile.

Tbest compromise would probably be an 18" barrel. You don't lose much versus the 20", you can go to 16" and it'll cut your range a bit over the 18", but I wouldn't recommend anything shorter than that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts