Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
upon how quiet you want it to be, how much service life you want between mandatory cleanings of the can's baffles,and whether ornot you want to bother with putting a shot of WD-40 and then some water into the can, before firing the gun. The WD-40 is to reduce the corrosive effects of the water inside of the can. The water makes the can considerably more effective at reducing the blast and the flash. A "sleeved" can-design, using a 3/4" OD tube,inside a 1" OD tube, works best, the rear half of the inner tube being vented into the area between the tubes. Then, the bottom, real half of the outside tube is slotted, to vent into and (empty, no baffles) "underchamber", which helps make the can more efficient, while still leaving the package be a CCW OAL. It's also feasible to rig a slidelock on the right side of the gun, so that the slide has to be manually cycled. Quite a bit of noise comes out of the ejection port of the autoloaders, you know.

Such a 14oz, 9" long gun is lw,compact enough to ALSO let you carry something like a Kahr PM 9mm, in a front pants pocket. 6" long, 15 ozs, and ANY 9x19 can be rechambered to 356 TSW and offer 600 ft lbs,and AP perfomance. Why have ONLY noisy gun,or ONLY a feeble, canned .22, hmm? With both such guns, and with concealable armor,you can be pretty far ahead of anybody you are likely to run into, regardless of where you are or what you are doing. :) Add REAL ability with those pistols, and black belt ability with the "natural weapons", and you can blend into any crowd, yet be ready to handle a pair of jbt's if you have to do so.

Making the M21 a kit gun takes about 10hours, and so does making and testing its can. It's not a job for a hack with a cutting torch.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
such a pair of pistols,one in each hand

can sometimes get you more cooperation than just one or the other, ya know. some feel like you wont risk the noise, others feel like a .22 isn't much of a threat.

This pair is a nice complement to the suppressed CAR-15 223 and the .22lr conversion unit,if shtf. They add up to a really versatile "kit", and they are lw and compact enough to actually be CARRIED. The CAR's 6 lbs, the .22 unit a hair over 3/4 lb,the pair of pistols is 29 ozs. the TOTAL islighter than an M1A. The can for the CAR is 3/4 lbs, the scope and mt a hair under 1 lb. So you get the addition of the scope and the suppressor for the same wt as a 308 HK. :) With a free float tube and a forend mount for the GI,polymer bipod, you get long range ability on dodging men, for an additional 1/4 lb. Would I rather have all that than just a noisy 308 rifle? You bet. Would I rather carry a suppressed, 40 oz Ruger .22 pistol,a 40 oz 1911, and a noisy, 11 lbs (scoped) 308? Hell no. My ammo load is about 4.5lbs, bringing the total to 15 lbs. As many 308's, .45', 22 rds for the other combo would total 24 lbs. Plus, USING that noisy 308 would bring more trouble,and being SEEN with all that bulky gun stuff would be more trouble,too. So you'd need MORE ammo,more abilty,and more LUCK.

I HATE DAO trigger pulls, so the "pocket nine' of choice is the 5 oz heavier Star, not the Kahr PM, but nobody but me would pay $3000 for a pocket pistol :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts