Arms Locker banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or min-revolvers, for ANY role at all. Geez,what a bunch of worthless clunkers. Just goes to show how IGNORANT most people are about the realities of being-attacked.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, I have.Out of the THOUSANDS of Liberator .45's dropped into Europe, not ONE case of one ever being used to take a Nazi's gun has EVER surfaced. Like I said, a silenced .22 auto pistol would be a LOT more likely to be actually USED. They could drop 30 rds just as easily as they did 10 rds of .45. and the guy could actually PRACTICE with it a bit, prove to himself that the gun and the can actually WORKED, in secret, and that he COULD hit with it, to a certain range, etc. Then he MIGHT be willing to actually USE it. The fact is, VERY few are willing to commit suicide,just to kill ONE enemy. Less than 1 in 1000,in fact. However,to wound-kill 20-30, and GET AWAY WITH IT, a LOT more would consider actually DOING. with the canned .22 auto pistol, you have an EXCELLENT chance of actually GETTING an enemy rifle, and you can do a LOT more with an M16 than you ever could with aMauser or MP-40. :) Why do you THINK so many cops are so PETRIFIED of the idea of EVERYBODY having a silencer, hmm? :)

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also, a Liberator isn't even CLOSE to being "palm sized". It's a pretty good sized gun,actually.

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
Have you ever used an MP40, have you ever used a Mauser? I have used both and in certain geographical locations in the world they are superior firearms compared to the M16. Just because you are incapable of mastering a firearm, doesn't mean that its useless. Live the reality, NOT the fantasy!

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
I don't recall the particulars, however I do remember the general gist of the scenario. bad guy gets jump on LEO, gets LEO's gun, shoots LEO, LEO bleeding badly pulls out a mini revolver frm his waistband and blows away bad guy, then lives to tell about it. That story is about 20 years old, I would bet there are other such scenarios wherein you would find that a mini revolver or a Derringer did the trick either as a concealed backup weapon or as a weapon of last resort. Some Derringers make fine boot or pocket guns. Sure there are other better guns out there as a first choice, but as an easily concealed backup they are fine in lieu of nothing.

All the ebst,
Glenn B

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NO reason to settle for such pos's, when $300 gets you a locked breech 380 Keltec, 5" long, very thin, DAO, 10ozs. You can load such a gun to produce 250ft lbs, and for sure expand either a pure lead hp, or the aluminumjacketed,85 gr Silvertip jhp 380 bullet (ie, 1100+ fps)

yes, SOME have survived falling out of airplanes. they get LUCKY,land inwater,snow,mud, etd. Same thing as winning a fight with a derringer. PURE LUCK.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
IMO the mini-derringer is an eye, ear, nose gun. An easily concealed weapon of last resort but it is better than teeth and claws in most cases. Don't dismiss any gun too quickly just because you don't like it Melvin, it might be the one that causes your demise.

RIKA

1 - 8 of 8 Posts