Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
starvation, etc. so you MUST carry gear that helps you deal with that. The needed gear, even for somebody who really knows their stuff, and who knows enough to get OUT of frozen-assed country) will weigh a minimum of 30 lbs. Most people would need 10-20 lbs more than that, too. Add 4 lbs of body armor, and nearly everyone will be at 40-50 lbs, BEFORE there's any guns or ammo added into the equation. So if you want to be STUPID about it, and add 25 lbs of .30 cal, .45, etc, and then compound the stupidity by not having a silencer, be my guest.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Yawn. What else is new John?

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Andy,

When I go on my little everglades trek (everglades urban legened? legality? thread in general category) I will wear all of my gear in the name of ruck hiking, and I will log and post the results just for you.

·
Registered
9,773 Posts
Only an idiot would choose walking as his first option, rather than his FINAL option.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Garand said:
Only an idiot would choose walking as his first option, rather than his FINAL option.
This is true, but I have nothing better to do and I actually want to see how I would perform in a walking situation, its also good for my stamina. Ok Ok, its an idiots way to do it, I agree.

But in SHTF, no one should EVER walk unles your COMPLETELY out of gas in your vehicle or there is no non-manually powered mode of transport. If your randomly walking in full gear in SHTF, when you do become a target, you will be to tired to fight.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Hard Ball said:
Yawn. What else is new John?
Hard Ball, NUTTY JOHN is just posting to hear his HEAD RATTLE.

WHEN have you ever read ANYTHING OF VALUE, in a NUTTY JOHN aka Codename: Scarecrow post?

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Its not the initial NUTTY JOHN post thats interesting, Its all the usefull information thrown back at him that has educational value.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Garand said:

Garand, NUTTY JOHN'S best option is, for once in his life, do the decent thing and commit honorable Hara Kari.

Mo Scoche, Riki Tiki, Chop chop. Three GI ways of saying hurry up. Most older vets will know what those three expressions mean.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
DaRkWoLf said:
Its not the initial NUTTY JOHN post thats interesting, Its all the usefull information thrown back at him that has educational value.
Yes, you are right there. But, he's still NUTTY JOHN ... aka Codename: Scarecrow, or aka Codename: Outhouse. The TARD is known as Latrine Rat or Sh!t House Mouse too.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
andy said:
CAN'T just evade insects, cold, heat, dehydration, starvation, etc. so you MUST carry gear that helps you deal with that.
Its called bug spray, warm clothing, water, food, and the means to procure more, twit.
andy said:
The needed gear, even for somebody who really knows their stuff, and who knows enough to get OUT of frozen-assed country
"frozen assed country" makes finding animals for food so rediculously easy its not even funny. Melvin thought those marks in the snow were made by magic.
andy said:
will weigh a minimum of 30 lbs. Most people would need 10-20 lbs more than that, too. Add 4 lbs of body armor, and nearly everyone will be at 40-50 lbs, BEFORE there's any guns or ammo added into the equation.
Sorry to tell you this andy, but 50lbs is a light load. And your body armour wont protect you from a .308.
andy said:
So if you want to be STUPID about it, and add 25 lbs of .30 cal, .45, etc, and then compound the stupidity by not having a silencer, be my guest.
How the hell do you know what I would take?

The silencer comment just proves YOUR stupidity. Not because you would take one, but because you flame others for adding so-called "needless" bulk to their kit before you tell us about a homemade can that leaves your rifle perfectly audible. So I ask you, whats the point in taking it, oh wise one?

Smarten up before someone does it for you.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Nice post Coyote, so perfectly true.

·
Registered
9,773 Posts
So Gunkid, post a detailed list of the kit that you have packed and ready to go AT THIS MOMENT!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts