Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
use .22's in it, use the GI rifle rd in it, no flashhider, no box mag, no abilty to reach beyond 150m, no corrosion-resistance, no luminous sights, no scope, no ambi safety, no ease of field stripping to clean it, no use of GI parts or mags, lots more negatives than positives, that's for sure. Expensive, heavy, bulky, awkward to carry and load ammo,(which is VERY exposed to moisture or solvents and oil, easily damaged by rough handling. 20 negatives, only 2-3 positives. Go ahead, waste your time and money on it, dummy.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
A whole paragraph wasted discussing something when we don't even know what he is talking about.

(sigh)

RIKA

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
This breaks down to a smaller package than my 14'5" Armalite M15;

Attachments

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Garand, how long is the barrel on that 97?

RIKA

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Garand said:
This breaks down to a smaller package than my 14'5" Armalite M15;
A Winchester 1897 Riot gun. Garand how fortunate you are. I am so damned jealous I could pee on NUTTY JOHN'S leg.

That is the best shotgun ever made, bar none.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
andy said:
use .22's in it, use the GI rifle rd in it, no flashhider, no box mag, no abilty to reach beyond 150m, no corrosion-resistance, no luminous sights, no scope, no ambi safety, no ease of field stripping to clean it, no use of GI parts or mags, lots more negatives than positives, that's for sure. Expensive, heavy, bulky, awkward to carry and load ammo,(which is VERY exposed to moisture or solvents and oil, easily damaged by rough handling. 20 negatives, only 2-3 positives. Go ahead, waste your time and money on it, dummy.
A copywrited NUTTY JOHN mystery post -- But who cares? Just more RETARDED idiotcy from the site administrator's pet TARD.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
andy said:
can't silence it,
Not necessary
Yes you can, riot gun with folding stock or straight pistol grip fits just fine under any hip-length coat, including sportcoats
use it with one hand
Sure you can, if you're not a Nancy boy
use .22's in it,
Not a necessary feature
use the GI rifle rd in it,
Not a necessary feature
no flashhider,
Not a necessary feature
no box mag,
Depends, some do
no abilty to reach beyond 150m,
BS Remington guarantees their rifled sluge through their rifled barrels to 4"@ 200 yards, meaning you can hit a torso far beyond that.
no corrosion-resistance,
Must've never heard of the stainless and/or Chromed marine shotguns.
no luminous sights,
There's fiber optic sights for them, besiudes seeing your sights when it's so dark you can't see what you're shooting at doesn't mean a thing. Besides, it's a shotgun, it'll be EASIER to hit with in such situations.
no scope,
BS, you can easily mount scopes to a shotgun, and rifled barrels usually come with a cantilevered scope rail, so the scope is zeroed to the barrel and not the receiver.
no ambi safety,
Tang safeties are ambi, besides lefties have learned to shoot very well right-handed for ages, not an issue unless you're too stupid to learn, like a convicted dope pusher.
no ease of field stripping to clean it,
BS shotguns are one of the easiest types of weapons to field strip.
no use of GI parts or mags,
Not a necessary feature, besides if you choose a Mossberg 590, there's plenty of GI shotgun parts available for it, and there's as many add-ons and parts for Mossys and Remington 870s as there is for 1911s or ARs.
lots more negatives than positives,
Only if you're too inept lazy, and stupid to learn how to use one.
Expensive,
LOL, a good shotgun is one of the LEAST expensive firearms out there.
No more than the typical rifle.
Not really, unless you hang a side saddle off of it.
awkward to carry
Not really, they break down in seconds and if you mean carrying it in hand, if it's too much for you, it's because you're a wimp.
and load ammo,
Not if you learn how to do it, there's also speedloaders available for cheap.
easily damaged by rough handling
No more so than that pencil-barrel on an AR.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
What a great retort page. Good show Mag ...

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Good post, mag.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
My 1905 Winchester M97 Takedown currently has a 20" barrel. I just picked up a money order this morning to send to a gentleman back east who has 2 other barrels for sale that I'm going to have chopped to different lengths and internal chokes installed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts