Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This could prove very handy if you do a lot of out door activities and it is very "grey man" acceptable if you are trying to blend in.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj1xpE9fu6k

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
garand must have copied this idea from somebody else. He's sort of capable of being an aware second hander. but none of this beats putting a powerful pistol in a front pants pocket holster and that gun and rig are also useful in normal life. I think guys just can't handle such a gun well, so they need a larger, heavier gun to even be as half-assed "capable" as they are. I've needed to draw my gun a dozen times in my life and every time, it's been at 10 ft and less. I've WANTED one but dnt' have one another dozen (or more) times and all of those were at 10ft and less, too. You haven't had even 10% that much experience with serious threats, and you know you CANT handle truly fast, up close. stuff. so you IMAGINE that it will be as slow as you are, and at a distance, with the attacker being as inept as you are, or more so. I KNOW how fast it has to be, and I know that I AM that fast. I know, from having shot lots of dogs, that the loads I advocate are highly effective on men, very easy to control in rapidfire with truly pocketable guns. I also know that I can see trouble brewing in plenty of time to put my hand in my pants pocket. or I recognize high risk areas and just have my hands in my pockets preemptorily. as a habit that has a beneficial side-effect. Some of this comes from the confidence I got as a sentry dog handler and karate teacher. I've seen lots of fight, and without serious weapons, even several men just aint capable of hurting me much, nearly as fast as I'm capable of ruining them and then kicking their heads in after I've downed them. all they know is football punting kicks, which break the bones in the top of their feet or sprain their ankles. I can put my bare foot right thru a 2x12, which is 12" "long", breaking it with the grain, when it's just sitting on the ground. If you're down and I then kick you, you'll be very badly hurt. I will not be hurt much of all by your silly foot ball punt. Knowing this makes me quite confident about letting enemies get close enough that it's quite obvious to any observer (or juror) that they were a lethal threat.and that I tried to use hand to hand, and if I had to shoot them, then the juror would have shot them SOONER in the scheme of things. Plus I wont be hanging around for a bunch of grandmas to judge me. :)

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
garand must have copied this idea from somebody else. He's sort of capable of being an aware second hander. but none of this beats putting a powerful pistol in a front pants pocket holster and that gun and rig are also useful in normal life. I think guys just can't handle such a gun well, so they need a larger, heavier gun to even be as half-assed "capable" as they are. I've needed to draw my gun a dozen times in my life and every time, it's been at 10 ft and less. I've WANTED one but dnt' have one another dozen (or more) times and all of those were at 10ft and less, too. You haven't had even 10% that much experience with serious threats, and you know you CANT handle truly fast, up close. stuff. so you IMAGINE that it will be as slow as you are, and at a distance, with the attacker being as inept as you are, or more so. I KNOW how fast it has to be, and I know that I AM that fast. I know, from having shot lots of dogs, that the loads I advocate are highly effective on men, very easy to control in rapidfire with truly pocketable guns. I also know that I can see trouble brewing in plenty of time to put my hand in my pants pocket. or I recognize high risk areas and just have my hands in my pockets preemptorily. as a habit that has a beneficial side-effect. Some of this comes from the confidence I got as a sentry dog handler and karate teacher. I've seen lots of fight, and without serious weapons, even several men just aint capable of hurting me much, nearly as fast as I'm capable of ruining them and then kicking their heads in after I've downed them. all they know is football punting kicks, which break the bones in the top of their feet or sprain their ankles. I can put my bare foot right thru a 2x12, which is 12" "long", breaking it with the grain, when it's just sitting on the ground. If you're down and I then kick you, you'll be very badly hurt. I will not be hurt much of all by your silly foot ball punt. Knowing this makes me quite confident about letting enemies get close enough that it's quite obvious to any observer (or juror) that they were a lethal threat.and that I tried to use hand to hand, and if I had to shoot them, then the juror would have shot them SOONER in the scheme of things. Plus I wont be hanging around for a bunch of grandmas to judge me. :)
:roflmao1::roflmao1::roflmao1::roflmao1::roflmao1::roflmao1:

Melvin, there isn't a single person on the internet that doesn't realize you are nothing but a B$ artist, geez anyone that surrenders to a meter mad! Besides, I doubt you have ever kayaked, or backpack and I'm probably good at guessing you spend more times at the local bus stop than driving. Listen muttonhead, manufacturers produce holsters for multiple types of handguns, for people to wear in multiple different aspects of their lives. No one holster is good for all circumstances, least I can legally own firearms unlike you. Also unlike you I can bring them in and travel through all your 50 states LEGALLY with my firearms. Melvin, you just made yourself look like a fool once again.

·
Super Moderator
2,537 Posts
Given your haphazard style of posting and inability to know what forum you are in, I doubt you have any situational awareness...

And, with your bad: back, knees, heart, and circulation - the only person you are a danger to, is yourself. (especially, since we know the only person you've ever shot, is yourself...twice!)

You'd be very surprised how many people with at least some martial arts training are out there. For you to assume anyone you meet is untrained, is folly on your part.

You advocate a lot of complete and utter BS, and claim to have done and be capable of so much stuff that we all know you can't do and haven't done.

You are a laugh a minute, though.

·
Super Moderator
2,537 Posts
want to know how we all know you have never actually carried while using a backpack, or you're using a crappy backpack? want to know why your front pocket carry is a very bad idea when wearing a pack or using a kayak? If you had any actual experience, you'd know the answer to these questions. I'm sure you've thought about it, you've just never done it.

·
Banned
191 Posts
Back in the days when I spent a lot of time canoeing or, otherwise, wandering around out in the woods I always brought along either a pistol, and/or a shotgun or rifle. I was a heck of a lot younger, then; it was a different America, and I very deliberately sought out the wildest and most remote wilderness areas I could find to 'play in' throughout the eastern US, and Canada.

Today I watch these: Maine, New Hampshire, and Texas outdoor law enforcement shows, and I get the impression that, nowadays, the backwoods and waterways are absolutely crawling with camo-clad game wardens. Recently I came across a PA game warden all duded-up in paramilitary gear like this; and I thought he looked entirely out-of-place and, perhaps, even a little bit ridiculous! (But, then again, I have never had to chase drug cartel growers around in the woods! So, who knows?)

Anyway the chest pack that guy in the YouTube video is wearing absolutely screams 'GUN!' to me! There ain't nothing, 'grey man' about it. I used to keep a pistol inside of a full-size (camping) backpack, and I kept the long arms tied up underneath a thwart right in front of my canoe's stern seat.

In the United States I didn't always carry a long arm, but I did always carry a pistol. Whether I was hiking, camping, or canoeing nobody ever realized that I was armed UNLESS I showed it to him.

With the long arm, though, in the back of the canoe, to a casual observer, it was less than obvious that I had a gun onboard. Someone would have had to take a good look down into the inside of the canoe—Which was always loaded up with lots of camping gear that, under no circumstances, did I ever leave unattended!

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I bought a Wilderness 'SafePacker' a long time ago when our kids were young and we went to Branson fairly often. Back then in Missouri, even LE couldn't carry a concealed handgun unless they were on duty, but for whatever reason, they could open carry. So I looked around and found the SafePacker, which was technically just a weird-shaped full flap holster, but didn't look at all like a holster. So I could technically "open-carry" (which was legal), without people realizing that I was doing so. IIRC, mine is the commander size. It works well for the G19 and a spare mag, and at the time I also kept a badge pinned under the flap so it would be the first thing visible if the case were opened.

Rectangle Digital camera Font Camera accessory Electronic device

It's not as slow as it looks like it would be, because the front vertical seam is just velcro'ed closed & opens wide as you reach in for the gun. Still rides on the hip, so could be suspected as a potential holster by some, but I never had any problems or had anyone suspect, at least not that made any comment or odd glances. Only carried it 15-20 times, but they were times when it was the best option I had.

Wilderness now calls it a "concealment holster", so it may not fly nowadays for what I used it for, but back then they marketed it as a "full-flap backpacking holster".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts