Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my Case Blade XX-Changer knife set that I bought years ago. It has 4 different exchangable blades - drop point, clip point, fillet and saw - that fit into the common handle. I've used the knife for everything from skinning and butchering deer to cleaning fish and squirrels. The blades seem to keep a good keen edge requiring only a touch-up with the stone once in a while. I like it because the blade array stows neatly and they are always with you; its also light to carry.

Just took a look on the net and it doesn't appear to be available with the plain black glass handle like mine any more. They do have some really pretty ones with the bone and exotic wood handles though. They might hold up even better than mine.

The XX-Changer is something you might want to look into if you've never seen one before.

RIKA

Attachments

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
How smoothly does that saw cut? The Swiss Army saws are absolutely fantastic for cutting small notches for trap triggers and such.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wylycoyte said:
How smoothly does that saw cut?
I have to start lightly to get the groove started; then it cuts quickly and smoothly.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
RIKA said:
I have to start lightly to get the groove started; then it cuts quickly and smoothly.

RIKA
Cool. That's a handy little blade for making gizmos, then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts