Arms Locker banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was about to order some and then noticed the 710 FPS with 40 Grain Bullet. Almost certainly will not work in semi-auto's, both rifle and pistol. 68 decibels claimed. I'm going to go ahead and order some anyway. Revolver and a vintage single shot Winchester, if nothing else.

·
Registered
51 Posts
They somehow cycle about 30% of the time from a Beretta 21A, but only when suppressed. They are very, very quiet running through that platform wet. The sound of an airsoft gearbox is subjectively more discernible to me.

Not sure if they're really nifty at other things. Still loud enough to piss off neighbors in settings where you can legally shoot but are still somewhat close to other residents. An improvement but not somehow enabling.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not really worried about noise, I shoot on my own property. I'm always curious about new ammunition developments. CCI is claiming 69 Decibels, from what, they don't state. They do say hearing protection is not needed!? Since the VA say's I'm deaf to 89 Decibels, I shouldn't hear them fire at all. They probably won't cycle my AA or Kadet Kit, but I have several revolvers to burn up the 500 rounds I ordered.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The popping sound many western-style motorcycles make is probably a close comparison, but the "CCI Quiet" is still just a bit under that imo. I know so little about automotive internal combustion engines that I'm not sure what that noise is properly titled.

Sound testing definitely requires a description of the setup to be meaningful.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I'm not really worried about noise, I shoot on my own property. I'm always curious about new ammunition developments. CCI is claiming 69 Decibels, from what, they don't state. They do say hearing protection is not needed!? Since the VA say's I'm deaf to 89 Decibels, I shouldn't hear them fire at all. They probably won't cycle my AA or Kadet Kit, but I have several revolvers to burn up the 500 rounds I ordered.
All I know is out of a borrowed Ruger 77/22 they sounded about like a Daisy 880 pellet gun going off. If that helps any.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts