Arms Locker banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never tried this before, mainly due to price, but saw it on clearance so I bought a couple hundred rounds of this stuff over the weekend.

I always assumed it was a (hopefully) higher quality-control subsonic, match-oriented round. I've only fired five rounds of it, as it was Sunday night already, but it's quieter than the Rem subsonics I usually use. Wonder if it's quieter because the velocity's substantially lower (likely) or due to a cleaner burning powder...? Anyone have experience with this load?

I know... gotta get me a new chronograph.

FWIW, Walmart was clearancing it out for $4 a hundred, right at half price. They also carry the Rem-subs I like for just $19 a brick regular price. I bought 2,380 rounds of ammo this weekend, almost all .22LR and .223. [Actually, 2,050 of it was .22LR]

Also had several other ammos on clearance (picked up a box of .32 acp marked down from $12 to $7 - probably a year supply for that gun for me :) ); don't know if all walmarts do this at the same time or not. Might be worth checking out.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Hey John, thanks for the tip. I'll check out my Walmart too.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I now have to go to Wally World tomorrow.:)

re.CCI Green Tags?I had always thought that they were higher quality,maybe near match,stuff.Weeelllllll,I've tried ALOT of different .22s in my new MKII.Including 200rnds of Green Tag.While the report is milder,accuracy is on par w/both mini-mags & stingers.I've personally had better luck with PMC scoremaster & Remington target rifle.The CCI rounds aren't bad but,for me,they aren't the best.YMMV.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
I long ago came to the conclusion that anything that grouped 2" at 50m,in a .22 rifle, servedany practical purpose that the .22 had. ditto 2" at 25m,from a pistol. So I only concern myself with price and reliability of function.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kind of a non-issue at this point anyway. Checked at another walmart on my way home yesterday, and they're not closing them out; still regular price. ($9.95 / 100) I'm not paying that for .22LR subsonic lead solids; not when I can get the .22LR subsonic hollow points that both my .22 rifles love for $3.88/100 everyday.

I'll probably just burn up the 2 boxes of Green Tag I picked up next time I'm dinking with the .22's.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
No point in using subsonics to practice. Plated stuff's cheaper, and sonic crack's irrelevant in practice. I don't really care for the potential for more bore fouling in the .223, more lead in the gas system, either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts