Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the concept of a light, fast bullet, but unfortunately they don't operate my .22 Semi-auto's reliably. I'm going to give the CCI Green Tag a try, and also some Mini-mags. I want something very accuarate which will also operate my semi-auto pistols reliably. Ruger MKII and Taurus PT 22 eat up anything, but my Bersa Mod. 23 chokes on light bullets. I'll probably have to stick to Remington's for that one. Reliability with .22 LR's IS a problem. I used to carry my Bersa for a back up until I got two misfires out of a hundred with Remington HP's. You would think the ammunition manufacturers would have solved this problem years ago. Winchester and CCI are no better. You still get that occasional "CLICK" instead of a bang. It's too bad. There are so many neat little .22's out there.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I love CCI stingers but find that the Aguila Max Velocity works as well at a lot less cost. Quite accurate and have never had a misfire in 2 bricks.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
i haven't had any "click"s with CCI Mini Mags. I've had mor ethan my fair share of such with all of the bulk pack ammo, though. It costs twice for Mini Mags than it does for bulk pack, but I can live with paying $25 for 500 rounds.

Stingers I use primarily for tree rat hunting.

'Course I've really taken to the Single Six. Get a "click" just cock it again and pull the trigger. Need more speed? Put in the Magnum cylinder. So I probably will just save the Stingers for the 22/45 from now on.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Magnum88C said:
'Course I've really taken to the Single Six. Get a "click" just cock it again and pull the trigger. Need more speed? Put in the Magnum cylinder. So I probably will just save the Stingers for the 22/45 from now on.
Darn it Magnum, now you're making me want a Single Six. :D

Gonna put it on my list ... longer than my arm.

RIKA :)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Magnum?Does your single six make an odd vroosh sound (besides the bang of course)when you shoot magnums(sic) through it?A buddy of mine's ancient single six does.You need to remove the ear plugs to hear it but it's definately there.We don't know why either.Different ammo makes the same noise.Wierd.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts