Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEED HELP:
TRIED TO FIRE A NEW CENTURY CETME WOULD NOT FIRE?
IT WOULD ONLY CLICK & LEAVE A SMALL INDENT IN SHELL PRIMER
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHATS UP & A SOLUTION?

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Hello Brent, did you get the PM I sent you on 11/14? Your problem can be only one of three things. The firing pin is broken, the hammer spring isn't strong enough to whack the primer or you have grit/debris that is softening the blow and preventing the hammer from strongly contacting the pin. Only other possibility is bad ammo.

RIKA

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
If it is a century, odds are that there's a crap load of junk surrounding the firing pin.

It's also likely that the angry beavers at century filed something (to make it fit) and made it out of spec.

If you haven't disassemble and clean thouroughly. Also inspect everything while you're at it for evidence of angry beaver grinding...

:devil:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I think Aslan has diagnosed your problem. A big bur or something out of spec is preventing the hammer from making a solid blow to the pin.

:beer: to Aslan. Thanks.

RIKA :)

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I have had to re-engineer a century product or two...

They are hit and miss - you can get a keeper, or a project gun. Totally a roll of the dice.

:devil:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have one too and I had to change the rollers because they were out of spec, (get the bigger ones).
Fixed the problem right away!
:headbang:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Brent, with a loaded magazine in the rifle, point the rifle downward, and pull the charging handle as far to the rear as it will go. Release the charging handle so as to allow it to fly forward unimpeded, striping a round. Try firing the rifle.

CETME and HK roller-locked actions are VERY sensitive to how fast they close. If this still doen't work, the main spring may be weak.

Another possibility is grease or debris ahead of the firing pin, in its tunnel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOULD IT HELP TO POLISH THE BOLT CARRIER AND INSIDE OF COCKING TUBE?
ALSO SHOULD I USE LIGHT COAT OF OIL OR USE GREASE INSIDE RECIEVER?
YOU WRE CORRECT ON INSIDE FILTH. IT IS EVERYWHERE INSIDE. TRIGGER PACK SEEMS TO FUNTION PROPERLY & HAMMER MAKE GOOD CONTACT ON FIRING PIN.
PIN EXTENDS THRU FINE. ROLLERS APPEAR TO LOCK UP GOOD. THANK FOR THE HELP

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Seems to me that if the firing pin is protruding through the hole correctly, yet you are still getting light hits on the primer, maybe the bolt isn't going fully into battery.

When you pull back the bolt after a misfire, is the round extracted and pulled out OK?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
First thing is first, don't polish anything!!! You don't jump to conclusions like that.

Here is how you begin to diagnose this problem.

1. Check the head space. with the bolt full closed, put a feeler guage between the bolt and carrier from the bottom of the mag well. The tolorances should be between .020 and .005. If it is outside of these tolorances, there is a problem.

2. Check the hammer spring, if it is the wrong spring, it won't have enough pressure to overcome the firing pin spring. I recommend replacing this part as a matter of course.

3. Make sure the trigger pack is secure in the housing. It may be rotating on the selector switch making it lose energy.

4. Check the ammunition. HK's and Cetme's are not good with hard primers. If it is a hard primer issue, you need to do a few things to make the gun operate properly.

Report back once you've checked the above.

Mike

·
Registered
285 Posts
andy said:
Oh, but the blowback HK NEVER malfunctions, aint you HEARD? It's so MUCH more reliable than gas-operating.
We aren't talking about an HK here are we?

No we aren't.

It's a cheap Century receiver put together by poorly trained monkeys using parts of unknown serviceability.

Are you even capable of making an on topic and relevant post? Not that I've seen.

Some Century guns work just fine, some don't.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
andy said:
Oh, but the blowback HK NEVER malfunctions, aint you HEARD? It's so MUCH more reliable than gas-operating.
Yeah, I've heard this, too. Most of the time, the roller-lockies are extremely reliable...unless you ride the charging handle forward.

Regardless, gas, roller-lock, blowback, short-recoil, long-recoil, and [obnoxious self promotion]GB's action[/obnoxious self promotion] can all be made reliable.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
hey, punk, guys run-down 1911's that are made by the same sort of monkeys, saying the design is "flawed" because monkeys can't make it. I"ve got ONE THOUSAND X the relevant posts here that YOU have, punk. Because I know a million times as much about guns as you do.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
andy said:
hey, punk, guys run-down 1911's that are made by the same sort of monkeys, saying the design is "flawed" because monkeys can't make it. I"ve got ONE THOUSAND X the relevant posts here that YOU have, punk. Because I know a million times as much about guns as you do.
:laugh01: :laugh01: :laugh01: :laugh01: :laugh01: :laugh01:

Gunkid made a joke .... no wait, gunkid is the joke.

RIKA

·
Registered
285 Posts
andy said:

Hey ass-licker, Century doesn't put 1911s together, so as usual you are Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong and off topic.

Point of discussion that you missed.

Cetme you think = HK
Century monkey you think = equals who in the hell knows because you're an idiot.

You have in excess of "ONE THOUSAND X" the number od bullshit, incorrect and flat out lie filled posts here that I do, because you are an idiot, fuckstick and a liar.

Prove me wrong just once. Prove it!

You don't know shit about shit. That's a FACT JACK!

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Does this mean you won't send andy a Christmas card, Piemaster?

RIKA :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
HARDROCK,
I DID NOT CLARIFY WHAT I MEANT BY POLISHING. WHAT I DID WAS POLISH THE BOLT CARRIER & BOLT & INSIDE OF RECIEVER. I USED HIGH GRIT COMPOUD & A POLISHING
PAD ON A DREMMEL. WORKED BETTER THAN EXPECTED THANK YOU FOR ALL THE INFO
IT WAS VERY HELPFULL. RIFLE IS SHOOTING GREAT NOW. SHOT ABOUT 100 ROUNDS OVER THE WEEKEND. THANKS AGAIN!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
HELLO,
I WOULD LIKE THANK RAIDER,ASLAN,RICH Z,GBULLET AND ALL WHO GAVE THE VERY HELPFULL ADVISE ABOUT MY CETME. I FIRED ABOUT 100 ROUND THIS WEEKEND & IT SHOOTS LIKE A DREAM. WHAT I FOUND THANK TO EVERYONES ADVISE WAS FILTH ALL INSIDE. I CLEANED ABOUT 4 TIMES. I ALSO POLISHED THE BOLT CARRIER,BOLT &
THE INSIDE OF THE RECIEVER WITH HIGH GRIT COMPOUND TO SMOOTH IT UP SOME.
THAT TOOK OUT A LOT OF FRICTION. CYCLES SMOOTH AS BUTTER! THANK AGAIN.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Brent, thank you for the good news that Cetme is working well. Now all you have to do is ENJOY!

RIKA :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts