Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
500 rds of 223 and 2500 rds of .22lr don't foul it much. The occasional 223 blows the 22lr crud out. 90% of the time, the 223 parts aren't getting any fouling on them, anyway. :)

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Ugh. Do you bathe on a regular basis or does your wife just lead you out into the back yard and spray you down periodically. Veterans have told me about how things can jam when the M16s aren't kept clean. I keep my weapons extremely clean. Doesn't matter about you andy cuz you will die of terminal stupidity.

RIKA

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Obviously, you've never used your CAR in the field for any length of time.

If that's the cleaning schedule you think is adequate, more power to you.

I wonder which is more likely to function perfectly every time, a rifle that gets cleaned semi-annually (that's twice a year to you mr GK), or one that is kept clean regularly?

Hmm? so many choices...

I wonder what the smart person would choose?

I'm stumped on this one.

:devil:

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Many units in Vietnam cleaned their M16s three times a day.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Hard Ball said:
Many units in Vietnam cleaned their M16s three times a day.
I know. The soldiers in Iraq clean their rifles constantly because of sand and dust.

When you life is dependant on your gear, neglecting that gear is idiotic at best.

:devil:

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
Canadian soldiers in Afganistan are currently cleaning their rifle 3 times a day to ensure they function when required. If I ever have to meet a hostile in combat, I hope its gunkid, cheap butchered handgun and a rifle that won't function. If the balloon ever goes up, he's dead meat.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Yeah, right, clean a combat rifle twice a year. What a genius. Do whatever you want to. I clean my weapons every time I fire them and every time they are exposed to weather if I've fired them or not. What happened to the Hard Rock challenge? Are you posting all this ignorant nonsense so people will forget? Your asinine post's are just to get attention anyway. Now it's the Berreta M70, which you also don't own. Show one photo of your battery. Believe it or not, negative attention is not as satisfying as positive attention,

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
There are only two combat rifles I would clean only twice a year (and maybe even less). That's a AK-47 and a Ruger Mini-14. I have a ruger GB military, as well as my AR, and that GB just won't jam. I have several Ruger LEO only 20 round mags and it's rock reliable. Not bad accuracy either. No it isn't as good as my AR, but good to past 300 yards as is. I even took the flash hider off and had a gunsmith shorten the barrel 2 inches and re-thread the flash hider back on. Makes it a COOL looking rifle with 17.5 inch barrel (including flash hider). And gunkid, the Mini WILL function and fire without the top handguard. I've done it before. Just shows your IGNORANCE, as usual.

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
I clean mine substantially more than twice a year now, and it would certainly be more often in a combat environment, where it was both fired more, and exposed more to rain, sand, mud, etc.

Then again, I fire more than 500 rounds of .223 a year as well. If I didn’t shoot it much, it wouldn’t need cleaning much.

2,500 rounds of .22LR fouls mine a lot; after 300-400, the ciener starts acting up. I guess it could be argued that cleaning the ciener unit, technically isn’t cleaning the gun, but when I do one, I do both; can’t hurt

As said above, the AK is much more forgiving regarding maintenance; at the cost of being more ‘sloppy’ and crude. Just because I much prefer the AR platform, doesn’t mean I should ignore or deny the realities of the different designs. In almost all cases, an AR is more accurate than an AK, and in almost all cases, an AK is lower maintenance than an AR. Just a fact of life that I can’t do much about.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
John, if the AR had an OP rod like a M-14 and thus no gas bleeding into the chamber, it WOULD be as reliable as the AK, and maybe even less maintenance.

You would think some designer would just make the gas system work with a OP rod, wouldn't you!

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
You would think. I wonder if that’s what Robinson did. Their guns are supposedly more maintenance-tolerant, but are heavier in the bargain. Sounds like they’ve taken that approach.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that's all malarkey. lots of guys spent an entire infantry tour in nam, never ONCE had a decent shot. All they were doing was spraying the brush, HOPING that 1 shot in 1000 would hit somebody. That sort of crap has NO place in the survivalist mindset, so why gear up for it? You shouldn't BE in the open, in daylight, so why blame the rifle for what is YOUR screwup, hmm?

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
andy said:
that's all malarkey. lots of guys spent an entire infantry tour in nam, never ONCE had a decent shot. All they were doing was spraying the brush, HOPING that 1 shot in 1000 would hit somebody. That sort of crap has NO place in the survivalist mindset, so why gear up for it? You shouldn't BE in the open, in daylight, so why blame the rifle for what is YOUR screwup, hmm?
Aha! Trying to hide the fact that you are a fool for not cleaning your rifle, huh. Shame.

RIKA

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
Not only trying to hide his foolishness of not cleaning his firearms regularly but he has also proved his lack of knowledge of the war in Vietnam and those that served there. By the way gunkid, what size hex key do you require to clean your AR 15 properly???

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
Back at you darlin!!

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Thank you, kind sir. Message received.

RIKA :)

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
Gunkid, obviously you don't know. You haven't answered. And you expect us to believe that your intelligent enough to build a suppressor! Don't think so!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts