Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Yeah right, blunt nosed, 1200 fps rimfire 44 could SOMEHOW do twice as much as today's .44 mag rifle can do. :)

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
in the heat of battle, in the mirage of the desert,

blackpowder, and no more than those bozos knew about shooting, the 45-70 never had 200 yds of effective range. :) Not even on stationary, fully-eposed torsos. On cover user's heads, 100 yds at best. on head on prone men, 150 yds.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
You really must stop talking to your self. It's a sign of mentatal problems ya know.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
andy said:
hundreds of guys, all over the Net, read everything I post, old man.
Sure they do; thats where they get their laugh of the day.

RIKA

·
Registered
27 Posts
andy said:
:) Yeah right, blunt nosed, 1200 fps rimfire 44 could SOMEHOW do twice as much as today's .44 mag rifle can do. :)
Just curious,.........is everyone in the world a clown but you???
Is that why you talk to yourself?, because no one is as smart as you?
I was kind of liking this forum, but you're a drag!
Why are you so bitter, and why do you feel the need to be better than everyone else?
I don't know if I want to hang out here with you here!

·
Registered
378 Posts
IIRC The Henry rerpeater came with sights calibrated out to 400m, but the usable range was more like 150m. The 45-70 was a different proposal, with a full sized round, and a stronger casing. The 44Henry was a .44 cal bullet over a 28gr charge, with a rimfire ignition system. The main advantage was light recoil and usable in a short stroke repeater(Lever Gun). The 1866 "Yellow Boy" Winchester shared the same round, but the later models were chambered for the more robust .44-40. The 45-70 was designed with the long range shooter in mind, also worked well on both sides of the law. Buffalo hgunters liked to kill sveral and then collect the flints(Hides) from a single location rather then chasing a spooked herd. The round was usually hand reloaded on site, by the hunter, and they rolled their most accurate rounds as a miss didnt pay any bills.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Just where do all these guys read your posts since you ae banned all over the inuernet. Name ten respectable firearms or survival forums that will allow you to post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts