Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know, I'm getting bored with the default color scheme here, so sometime in the near future I am going to change it. If you are online at the time, you may see some pretty weird transitions taking place, because the only way I can tell what I am working with at the time is by making it some outlandish color so I can see exactly which parts of the screen my changes will affect.

Not sure yet what color scheme I am shooting for, so it's possible this may take place over days as I try one thing then maybe another if I don't like it.

Just a heads up so you don't think your monitor has gone on the fritz... :)

Feedback is welcome if you see something that looks completely horrid. :poke:

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Neat. Will look forward to the redecorating.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
How about leaving this scheme as an option to select (in our profiles, there's a place for us to select color schemes)?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I vote pink!

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
I'M KINDA USED TO TO THIS LAY-OUT, but i'm game for a different wallpaper

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Magnum88C said:
How about leaving this scheme as an option to select (in our profiles, there's a place for us to select color schemes)?
Sorry, but I don't think I would want to do that. If I do any "hacks" to this site, then that means I would have to do it to more then one color scheme, which is actually a "style" in this message board. It would just complicate the way I have to do things in the future.

Besides, this is just the plain vanilla style that comes straight from vBulletin. I'm hoping I could do better with my own color selections..... :)

Might not be right away, though, but just letting you all know to be aware of the impending change.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Rich,on at least one other site running the same Vbulletin format they allow for 2 or 3
different color comboes.

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I am sure they are. And that is fine if you have not, or do not intend to, apply programming alterations to the message board code. Since in my other message boards I have had to guide lost users to certain functions with such directions as "the lighter green box in the upper right hand corner of the screen......", I feel it is in my best interests to make things as easy on myself as possible in this respect.

BTW, no I am not intending to "uglify" this message board. I would like to choose a color scheme that is more in keeping with a "gunlike" motif. Personally I had things like red or white message text on a black background. White on black is OK for headers, but large strings of text are hard on the eyes. I have gone to some sites that the color scheme was so atrocious that I didn't even bother reading any of it and left in a hurry. There is one really HUGE vbulletin site out there that has an enormous number of users, and I can't figure it out because it is painful to my eyes to even read it.

Check this one out -> http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/

Right at the moment they have over 2,100 member CURRENTLY online. Over 4,700,000 posts! They all must have eyeballs much different from mine, I guess.... :)

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
yes! i pulled that link and it 'STINKS' [i have 20/20 VISION! d.o.t standards]

i 'trust' your judgement , RICH.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
That site is an example of what happens with an indecisive webmaster who can't figure out what colors they want to use, so they try to use them all. . .:dgrin:

You would think people with an audio/visual bent would be able to do a lot better.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
So,your going to go w/a blued steel & walnut motif then?

Good job!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts