Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
"Waste of time?" Well, without it, I would never have even started on this sublime adventure, let alone have the benefit of Dave's 20 years of experience in the area.

And what's best, I guess, I wouldn't have some mighty special new friends I have now!

Not talking about you, of course, Dave. Was talking about Felina. ;)

Best,
Jon

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Just got a call from Phil at Glenrock. This pistol is done! The other one (the Hardslide/Caspian) will go into the tanks this week, and both should be back to me next week. 4- to 6-week turnaround time - not bad! Can't wait!

Best,
Jon

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Sounds good Jon, looking forward to pics and a range report.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Me too, ED! Captain - I'm really looking forward to seeing the blue job myself. The folks who pointed me to them say that they do quite a bit of work for some top-flight builders you know and who, as you've mentioned, you believe do high-quality work. I was finally able to find one, single link to some photos of another pistol, this one by Bob Rodgers, that has the Glenrock "Custom Satin" finish on it. Here's a link to the thread, and in case folks here aren't logged on there, I'll hotlink the photos directly to this thread.

The link is . . . http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=181787

And here is a photo from that thread showing the finish up close:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I checked out the link and was happy to see the slide stop treatment I have been doing for over 20 years. Nice Job Bob! And Hey, Kewl Blaster, Dude!
i am not flattered.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I got my local FFL guy together with Glenrock, and this pistol and the Hardslide/Caspian should be reassembled in a few days. The guts are here with me, and the parts that Glenrock blued are en route.

So, the only thing I'm still waiting for are grips, which I just ordered yesterday and then tweaked the order for today. They'll be here in about a month. When they come, I'll do up some photos.

In the meantime, here's a teaser about the grips I'll be putting on my pistol, the one in this thread. They are checkered ivory from Nutmeg Sports just like those in the photo, except Jim at Nutmeg is rounding the edges of mine more than standard to take into account the softer radii and contours I put on the back, bottom and heel of the pistol.

Best,
Jon

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Ivories are always prettier if you stain them a little so they aren't so white. I've always liked ivory and stag grips. Good choice.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Back from Bluing. Here's a photo of the pistol, and another of it with it's companion. Better photos to follow once the grips arrive and I spend more time cleaning things up. We're in the home stretch!

Best,
Jon

21 - 31 of 31 Posts