Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
out his Paterson revolvers WITHOUT a trigger guard. Rifles and single shot pistol had had trigger guards for 100+ years, so why bother with the fragile, dangerous, folding-spur trigger guard? Duh. A gun that's carried stuck in the waistband, is easy to sweep around and point at yourself, etc, is a LOT more in need of a trigger guard than is a rifle, ferchrissakes.

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
All inventions require some form of modification based on testing, whether in the field or prior to production. Thats why those of us employed in research facilities have a job, to come up with a pervebial "better mousetrap". Samuel Colt's name and reputation have lived on more than 100 years after his death. I sincerly doubt that gunkid/erika will be remembered that long after his/her passing. I guess he wasn't that dumb after all!

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Well, he was bright about somethings, and he will go down in histry as a great man and gun maker, but I tend to agree that he was none to wise to come out with a firearm without a trigger guard.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Sam Colt.............................................. ...............

'KNEW WHAT HE WAS ABOUT' faliure/bankrupt.

but NEVER QUIT! till his last days!

[please , give MY HERO , a break, will ya!]

[deleted] thanks.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Well, he did go out of business making that model. The Colt corporation we see today was his 2nd company.

·
Registered
139 Posts
To what I hear many gun fighters preferred the Paterson.

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
Gunkid recently was bounced off another board where he was using the name "erika". I can only estimate that he is having an identity crisis. Maybe he remembers the days back in prison. So I'm calling him both, just so he knows who I'm talking to in case he is located in one of his other identities.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Colt's second variant of the revolver, the Colt Walker, Model 1847; was the most powerful handgun in the world for over a century. I think it was the '80s (when the .454, .475, etc) when the Walker was superceded in power. I could be wrong, though the Walker did use a full rifle charge of black powder. :dgrin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.