Arms Locker banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
BigEd63 said:
In fact that looks kinda close to how I reworked my GS on my AMT rebuild.
Pics, pics, pics!!!

RIKA said:
Very nice mod though it looks vaguely familiar.

RIKA
??? Dunno - Did it all by hand and eye. Straight outa what's left of my brain!

Here's some mo . . . Also, the the thumb safety took a lot of fun work. It was a stock, oversized "tactical" C&S unit. I shortened it, thinned the pad by cutting off the outermost two lines worth, recurved the tip and smoothed everything out. I have tried and tried, but I cannot get an accurate photo of it from above - all the photos I take make it look like the cut is rough, but it's very straght and smooth.

I also radiused it pretty heavily on the underside by continually checking to see how it fit my hand. Also, it has been blended with the GS and the back of the frame.

Then, I went on up and started finishing the back of the slide. The rear sight was a Wilson unit a local smith had installed a long time ago. As you can see by comparing the original photos in the posts against the three below, I spent a LOT of time thinning the rear sight and also blending it into the slide - at the back, at the front to make it a seemless transition into the top round of the slide and also on the sides. The only thing not blended is the dovetail, and I didn't do that because, frankly, I had no idea how I'd do that and not mess up the lines of the slide. Even so, the sight, rear of the slide, and on down are all nice, smooth and as seamless as I could get them.

Best,
Jon

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
BigJon said:
Pics, pics, pics!!!
Look back on page 2 of this thread. Only one pic though that I could size clear enough to show the reduction and reshape I did of the stock GS.

But I will try to get some better pics from different views. With my cam it's outdoors for that and time and weather ain't helpful right now.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts