Arms Locker banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There were some negative comments made about com-bloc guns by our know-it-all non-gun owner, but, give him this, he start's some thought processes going. How many cheap POS Commieguns do you own? In my case, a lot. The "looks like crushed beer cans and orange crate and shoots like Star Wars" AK. Numerous Chinese and Yugoslavian SKS's. More Yugoslavian M48A Mausers than I'll ever need. Opened up the gun safe (of course the alarm went off and the phone rang immediately because I forgot to dial the code, they bill me for it, too!) But anyway, half a dozen combloc pistols. Why all this commie crap? Three reasons. Cheap. You can get everything I've mentioned except the Poly-Tech AKS for less than $200.00. Solid. They all WORK. The Tokarev and CZ 52 are tricky with HP's, but with ball they just shoot and shoot. AK'S and SKS's are the Duracell's of guns they just keep going and going. Mausers's don't need any words from me. Hunt with it, shoot it for the heck of it for pennies.Mosin-Nagant's for $70.00?? My M-44 kicks like hell, but it would bring down deer pretty reliably out to 100 yards or so. Makarov's are the best buy on the market, bar none. A double action, ultimately reliable, medium ranged caliber semi-automatic that fires fairly inexpensive ammunition. For down to business shooting you can get 115 Grain HP's. I have three flavor's, German, Russian, and Bulgarian. I want a Chinese. I've rambled on enough. I'll just close by saying these gun's are not going to be out there forever. Don't miss your chance.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Yeah a lot of people like those cheap commie guns.
I'm one of them.
Got a pair of Russian SKSs back when they were cheap. Damn nice shooters, more accurate than AKs, very nice wood.
AK are nice. Good 200 yard gun, good fighting gun and plenty for hunting deer or similar sized game.
Mosins? Well, heck, for the price where are you going to find a comparable rifle?
Haven't gotten into the commie handguns yet, but might pick up a Mak if I find one.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Excellent post Terry.

Heres a true short story. My best friend and shooting buddy was an older man who was born in a communist country and served in the armed forces there. He came to America about the time I was born and became an American citizen; staunch defender of our freedoms and way of life. We met at the shooting range and shortly became great friends. He was the one who introducted me to commie guns and gave me understanding of their tactical uses. We shared a big joke - he teased me about being his little commie even though we both hated communism in all forms. He died last year near Christmas but I was able to buy his prized Bulgarian Makarov that his son sold to the gun dealer. I miss my friend very much, especially at this time of the year.

My commie guns:

Yugo SKS
Romanian AK47
Russian M38 Nagant
Polish Tokarev 7.62x25
Norinco Tokarev 9mm
Nagant M1895 revolver
Bulgarian Makarov

Commie guns are strong, efficient and totally reliable like the people who made them. Relative cheap to buy and available in enough different varieties to make an extremely interesting collection. Certainly a best buy for those interested and lots of fun to shoot.

None of them would be my first choice in a survival situation but are adequate to get the job done in competent hands and I would not feel unarmed.

Tomorrow I may go the gun show. Maybe I'll find something interesting. Looking for an Enfield No4 Mk1.

Sorry this is so long.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Magnum88C said:
Yeah a lot of people like those cheap commie guns.
I'm one of them.
Got a pair of Russian SKSs back when they were cheap. Damn nice shooters, more accurate than AKs, very nice wood.
AK are nice. Good 200 yard gun, good fighting gun and plenty for hunting deer or similar sized game.
Mosins? Well, heck, for the price where are you going to find a comparable rifle?
Haven't gotten into the commie handguns yet, but might pick up a Mak if I find one.
Do it Magnum88C, my latest flier from Century International Arms and SOG advertise excellent condition Bulgarian Makarovs for $119.00 to $149.95. J&G has them also, but I think only in the excellent grade. $149.95. My last (a best man's gift from my son) came from J&G. Your going to kick yourself later if you don't.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Raider said:
Excellent post Terry.

Heres a true short story. My best friend and shooting buddy was an older man who was born in a communist country and served in the armed forces there. He came to America about the time I was born and became an American citizen; staunch defender of our freedoms and way of life. We met at the shooting range and shortly became great friends. He was the one who introducted me to commie guns and gave me understanding of their tactical uses. We shared a big joke - he teased me about being his little commie even though we both hated communism in all forms. He died last year near Christmas but I was able to buy his prized Bulgarian Makarov that his son sold to the gun dealer. I miss my friend very much, especially at this time of the year.

My commie guns:

Yugo SKS
Romanian AK47
Russian M38 Nagant
Polish Tokarev 7.62x25
Norinco Tokarev 9mm
Nagant M1895 revolver
Bulgarian Makarov

Commie guns are strong, efficient and totally reliable like the people who made them. Relative cheap to buy and available in enough different varieties to make an extremely interesting collection. Certainly a best buy for those interested and lots of fun to shoot.

None of them would be my first choice in a survival situation but are adequate to get the job done in competent hands and I would not feel unarmed.

Tomorrow I may go the gun show. Maybe I'll find something interesting. Looking for an Enfield No4 Mk1.

Sorry this is so long.

RIKA
RIKA, do you have a C&R license? Century International Arms has Very Good MK I4's for $169.87, Good for $149.87 and with a cracked stock for $139.87. SOG has them for $149.95, Very Good. With "pig sticker bayonets". Those would be handy for roasting marshmallos. I like the MKIII's myself, just something about them. I would probably go with Century myself. But first I would pull up J&G Sales. I have never gotten a bad deal from them. I just don't have a current flier so I don't know if they have MK4's or not. Keep those prices in mind when you deal tommorow. I go to gun show's a lot and a lot of thoses dealers are sharks! Listen to me, I sound like I'm talking to my Daughter.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
T-G is right, mag88! i never thought i'd endorse any com-bloc firearm
but the makarovs are a fine little auto[impressed the hell outta me anyway]

it would /will make a great 'lunch-bucket' shooter, a person could not find a more reliable/trustworthy pistol for the price.

i own a chi-com sks thats been modified to accept 30rd mags[a.k] 75rd drums[it's pretty cool] before the A.T.F. ban on modifiying them

the rifle and pistol have never malfunctioned,although, i have not owned the mak very long

then , a chi-com copy of a 12ga ithaca #37 'cruiser' ha! enough said about that one.
so the answer, alex, is [3]

:wavey:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
He he,I had to go check.

sks=4 chinese,yugo,& that gorgeous old russian
91/30=4
m38=2 one on great shape,the other I bought from a co-worker who,after he left it out in the rain,thought it was a mauser & was "gonna get $200 for it at the show"(i felt sorry for him & donated $20 to his further education)
m-44=2
oh yeah,& one lonely ak :)

no handguns yet.planning on rectifing that soon enough.

Frankly,I confess to being more interested in some of the technical oddballs.I have both a really good looking K-31 & a Steyr 95.Both straight pull rifles, & both slightly unusual.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts