Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

Competition shooting

492 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  BigEd 
#1 ·
I'm leaving for Montana in an hour or so for 4 days of Cowboy Action shooting and the weekend after I get back I shoot an Action Pistol Match and a 3 gun match. I don't think the 3 gun match will be this brutal

Extreme 2-gun competition | Finnish Brutality 2021 - YouTube

I don't think I could be successful these days as I was when I was a young infanteer 45+ years ago.

#4 ·
Day 2 has finished and am I bagged. My scores aren't anything to write home about during the last 3 matches in the last 2 days, but I'm shooting consistently, no great stage, then the next one a complete flop, just consistent, no fumbling with the firearms, tansitions are smooth, so I'm happy. It is just nice top be shooting in the US after almost 3 years away.

#5 ·
Day 4, all done, cried in my first beer! Came 5th in my category, wife came second in hers. I'm pretty sure I had heat related problems, sucking back 64 ounces of gatorade in 4 hours each day of shooting in 95-97F temperatures just didn't bring me around. A good time was had by all. We are so bagged we are spending an extra night in Great falls rather than drive home immediately. Next weekend 2 matches 1xAction pistol on Saturday, 1x3 gun on Sunday.

Reactions: BigEd
#6 ·
Yeah I know the feeling about the darn heat. I keep getting behind on outdoor stuff here. Plus another burn ban.🙄 Dried out and everything. I could cut more brush but not much to do unless I fire up the old wood chipper/mulcher. Right now the temp dropped to 75F this evening when a storm came through but it'll be sweltering tomorrow.

#7 ·
Well they finally got around to posting the results for the match, in a 12 stage match in Overall time, I beat my wife by 87/100 of a second. I think I need get my act together to try and conquer this heat problem in matches we shoot when the temperature is in the mid to high 90's F.

Reactions: John in AR
#8 ·
...try and conquer this heat problem in matches we shoot when the temperature is in the mid to high 90's F.
I'd love just 90's temps; lately we've been 101-104 seemingly every day for the last week or so. When I looked at today's forecast I was ecstatic to see that the high is only supposed to be 92.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.