Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe Melvin will adapt to this method.
After all anyone as fast in the draw and adept at Hi-karate ought to be able to slap this fast.

Almost out this in either the off topic or the humor section but If Melvin can post here so can I.馃榿

Registered
You can cook some things (fish I know for certain, but likely others as well) without heat, using only acids. Lemon juice, lime juice, vinegar, even certain wines iirc.

Reactions: BigEd

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
John, I noticed that with chicken by accident when marinating some raw chicken breasts in "Genuine Louisiana Hot Sauce". Spots where it was really covered appeared to be cooked.

Much easier and less harmful than the crude friction method in the article and video.

I'm not sure where the gentleman went but there was a local fellow I knew who had gone to a raw food diet.

I believe he'd "pickle" raw meat to make it safe to eat. When in fact it was probably being acid cooked like you mentioned.

IIRC, when the various hot peppers are rated aren't they in Scoville units.馃敟

Registered
;) I like plain old fire. For the last 2-3 years we haven't had a good gas grill, just a small electric tabletop one. A couple months ago my wife bought us a gas griddle from walmart, and I really like it. Anything we could cook on the grill, we can cook on this, plus we can do things like eggs and certain vegetables & such that you just can't do on a grill.

Reactions: BigEd

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Fire is good, I don't remember what happened to it but a few years after my family moved here we had a home made charcoal grill in the back yard and we also had a good sized portable one we used to have in Springdale for the backyard and outings by Beaver Lake.
I figure the metal one wore out or was sold or given away but can't figure what was up with the brick one.
Haven't thought about it until now.

Registered
Love the blackstone griddle; only used it a couple months now, but recommend it highly so far. Things like onions, mushrooms, eggs, I just couldn't do on a grill (without some kind of adapter or plate) but now are no problem. It's more stout that I would have thought a 'walmart' thing would be, something like 195 lbs total with a very heavy 3/16" thick griddle surface.

From their website:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts