Arms Locker banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rig, took a .22lr (from a rifle) in the chest, went down, pulled the trigger of his 357 6 times (IN the holster) One of the jhp's tore up his leg so badly that it was a worse threat to his life than the .22 in his chest was. So much for exposed trigger guards and DA triggers being "safer'.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
So what point are you trying to make. Even with a safety holster he could have drawn it part way and done the same thing. Even your mind might be a little jangled after taking a bullet in the chest.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I think the point is that you never know what a single .22LR will do! :D

In all seriousness, there's a vid of a female officer... I think in Nevada, that has a Beretta 92 unholstered, covering a perp while another officer is cuffing him. Now, somehow the lady manages to have a negligent discharge on heavy DA triggered (w/safety) handgun, coming within a couple feet of nailing the perp.

That tells me it can happen with ANYthing if the brain isn't engaged.

cheers

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Jewelry store owner, USA, years ago

robbed at gunpoint. Perp starts shooting. Owner grabs his gun w/manual safety, pulls trigger, gun doesn't go boom!

Perp gets gun, takes owner in the back where he's going to execute him. Owner grabs perps gun, shoots at him, perp escapes. Owner finds his original gun, safety was engaged the whole time.

Someone shooting back can stress the brain! The safety was too safe this time and almost got the guy killed. Bet he carries a DA now. :D

now imagine what's gonna happen one time when the owner forgets the key lock feature found near some magwells :duck:

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
I'm surprised that someone hasn't gone into business recycling trigger locks. I have a whole bunch of them laying around in the work room that have NEVER been used. Never will be used, either. Someone could buy up all of them for $1 each and resell them back to the manufacturers for half of what their original cost is.

Heck most people would likely even donate them for free. Just set up a table at gun shows and probably people buying guns there would just take them out of their cases and drop them off at his table on the way out the door. All this really was, was a ploy by the anti gunners to jack up the prices on guns by adding this crap into the cost of selling the guns.

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Well it worked in Canada, trigger locks are mandatory up here.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
u can BET that dizzy broad had the hammer COCKED on that Beretta. :) Lames always do, cause they KNOW that they can't hit crap with DA, and they know that SA makes hitting easier. Especially those with small, weak hands.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
Small weak hands? Are you looking at your own hands andy. Are you so frightened by women that you have to take on the persona of one, widdle ewika. Barf.

RIKA

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
She fired double action, it was her SECOND negligient discharge. From what I've read, she's a bad cop. NOT a bad FEMALE cop, just a bad cop.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Terry G said:
She fired double action, it was her SECOND negligient discharge. From what I've read, she's a bad cop. NOT a bad FEMALE cop, just a bad cop.
wrong again, it seems, GK... I see you'd have lost that bet. Guess her little hands are plenty strong.

:devil:

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
since it's PROVEN liar Terry telling the tale. why believe

it, hmm? REAL ineptitude is always very possible, especially in public servants. So you want her to have a lighter triggered Glock? :)

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Exactly... that's why I feel that Glocks are certainly more prone to negligent discharges. My point was... even with a weapon that has a horrid DA pull AND a safety lever (that decocks) you still get people that can ND with THAT.

For example, look at the training that goes into determining when to disengage the safety on a 1911. On THR and TFL people were split and there were skilled folks on both sides of the issue. As soon as it clears leather? Well, then, the ND's would be a little bit more frequent than with the Glocks, right? After it breaks 45 degrees when you're about to shoot? That leaves you open for the pull-but-no-bang phenomenon due to pucker factor.

IT is about training more than platform. Even with one of the safest platforms (or at least the one with more gizmos to reduce oopsies) one brainfart could mean curtains... or bars.

cheers

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
andy said:
it, hmm? REAL ineptitude is always very possible, especially in public servants. So you want her to have a lighter triggered Glock? :)
Nope, not at all. I don't own a glock. I'm a 1911 fan.

Krept hit it on the head. Training. You do what you were trained to do. Under stress, training takes over.

She obvisouly didn't have good training, and she also may not have any business being a cop.

Many depts have changed their hiring practices to be more politically correct, instead of hiring on the basis of pure qualifications.

I don't know, but that may be the case here.

:devil:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts