Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
their being inept and chickenshit. Just look at the Platt incident. They MISSED with 40+ rds, and blamed the ONE good hit (to the arm and one lung) with a 9mm Silvertip for the carnage and the 4 minute long fight. they got a few other scratch hits on him, and that was it.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so when they say it's a big deal to carry magnums and practice with .38 wadcutters, that is about long range cop bs, using cover, etc,and it's mostly bs.

For hitting the chest at 10 ft, the 356 Star Split Nose load, 55 grs, 2200 fps, is no different than the 9 ball in the lw Commander. You lames can't even perform worth a crap with a belt gun, THATs why you are so apprehensive about pocket gun performance.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
So much BS and blather that you've posted over and over. Can't you think of something new?

RIKA

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
He is trying desperately tp bury Teuf's offer under a tidal wave of drivel.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I have no doubt that different agencies and departments have different standards.

I also know that many agencies have made huge efforts in the recent past to improve the training and marksmanship of their officiers.

I also know that some officers spend a lot more time and are a lot more proficient than others.

You cannot make blanket statements and generalizations and treat them as specifics.

:devil:

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
And this is the same gunkid who brags how fast he can miss and he says missing is GOOD. Garand is right, Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwn!!!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Most cops can’t shoot for crap with a handgun, just as most people in general can’t shoot for crap with a handgun. They should be able to, but most can’t.

Talking with cops about guns is something that seems an automatic thing to do, but it really makes little sense.

A cop uses a gun MAYBE once or twice a year, and that’s usually 50 rounds at the range. Yet he uses a two-way radio 50 times a day, and people don’t ask him what kind of radio he recommends, do they…?

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
andy said:
you lames can't even perform worth a crap with a belt gun, THATs why you are so apprehensive about pocket gun performance.
this is a classic!, the kel-tech p-11 was a 'GRAND DESIGN CONCEPT'

i just wish it was more than a 'concept'

...oh!....by the way there OL'BOY[mister160] i would meet any day[of your choosin'] for a shoot/hoot out! [winner keeps his own scalp].. now that's a bet/call.....study /reflect, and a prompt RESPONSE, ol'boy!

[i'm sharpin' my skinn' steel right now]

:wavey:

·
Registered
54 Posts
POCKET GUN

There is something to be said about the ability to hold on to a small weapon in your pocket when you believe that an attack may be possible, but you can't justify drawing a weapon. A question of tactics. ( I'm still not giving up the N-frame )
Problem with cops these days is that a lot of departments have screened out the " gun-nuts " in their pre employment screening process, seems that we're too dangerous. The result is that they hire a twenty something kid just out of college, still living at home with no life experience. This guy probably gets his opions on guns from Rosie O'Donnel with the skill level to match.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well as a peace officer with 15 years and a firearms instructor for ten, I will have to say that the proficeincy of officers and their handguns vary. My depart ment only issues fifty rounds a month for training. Some use it some dont. At my department the majority shoot their fifty plus another hundred or so out their own pocket. That isnt enough in my opinion but it is better than most departments. The majority of my department I could rate at above average as far as shooting skills.Of course most of the officers are country boys and have been shooting all their life.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
BURT said:
There is something to be said about the ability to hold on to a small weapon in your pocket when you believe that an attack may be possible...
Very good reason for an inconspicuous pocket gun, imo. I'll often have my left hand on the P32 in my pocket when talking to a subject.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts