Arms Locker banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe, with a lot more trouble and money. but why should I bother with an inferior product to start with? i"m not some twit with a big bs fantasy about how i"m gonna see everyone first, at long range and that I'm gonna win by missing a lot (ie, trying to shoot thru cars, trees, etc) I'm not some fool who "thinks" that elk are a better bet than cattle, for finding when shtf. so wtf would I choose a .30 cal?

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I am comfortable with either design, assuming quality of construction. I've a lot more significant experience with the AK,but I DO respect the FAL( or at least some variants of them). To me,the FAL's only feature I don't really like is the Non reciprocating bolt handle, but some versions/components address my concerns with it(ie Israeli Heavy Barrel variant with heavier bolt carrier). Always wanted to score an IMBEL receiver or STG 58 based rifle and try a parts adaptation... I reasoned that the additional operating mass would address my concerns about a " bad guy in the wire " situation running a filthy chamber non stop...I figured even if I could not kick a stuck bolt back,that heavier bolt group would help. Adjustable gas was/is a plus too-just not as " Cave Man Simple" as I prefer ( again, I like AK's)... Nikto,you like any of those FNC or 5.56 FAL types?

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
don't know anything about any of them. The AR system and caliber, here in the US, is just so overwhelmingly superior, in a dozen ways, that I never wasted time or money on anything else, after dumping the match grade M1A that I stupidly bought, about 1975.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the lack of a .22 unit, the lack of a shorty barrel, the lack of luminous sights, trigger jobs, the swift concealment of the AR, the GI parts, mags, ammo, the purchasability as a stripped lower, the match performance, the QD,return to zero scope, the see thru mount, the lw, one hand firing potential, wtf bother with anything so lacking in all these highly desirable attributes? I dont waste my time and money on stuff just to have something "different". If I don't consider it to be vastly superior to what I already have, I don't buy it. I'll shoot it if a buddy has one. I've shot fals, HK's, valmet, AK's. Mini-14's, and I'm not impressed. I lugged around 14 lbs of scoped M1 A a bit, but once I found out about the AR's 22 unit and the advantages of a silencer, I coiuldn't wait to dump the M1A.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts