Arms Locker banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got the system assembled, as much of it as i'm likely to, anyway. Wifey's bummed out. The bubble wrap and reflectix, all around me, are a bust. Waytoo much bulk. I had to go with just a 20"x36' single pad, which wont help enough on hard ground, but the armor will, if i remove it and lay atop of it. I"ll keep the reflectix pad, for something upon which to kneel or sit as working around camp and to stand on while I put on and take off my boots.

It's just 20F today, and down to 10f tonight, so we'll soon know what'swhat. I'll try today with nothing but summer wear, and then tonight with boots left on, a heavy coat, a beanie hat, and a thick hoodie, cause that' what I wear these days. I've been wanting to do this since my escape in 1990. So it's been a long time coming.

The bug netting around me, inside of the "breathable" mylar bag is a non-started, due to snagging, can't get my legs down in it all the way. So the netting is around the mylar and the tyvek bag is inside of the mylar. will also try the netting around the tyvek, inside of the mylar. Assembling these bags is like pushing a rope. The netting and clear plastic bags just have "spots" of velcro all around. any rain wont get inside of my 2 layers of mylar and body heat should not be getting out past 2 layers of mylar and a layer of tyvek.

I've worked in armor, also (not the same time) in tyvek coveralls and they DO add body heat. when i roll up the assembly (to 1/3rd of the velcro left open, there's a LOT of air that has to be squeezed out as I roll it all up from the bottom. So I think that it's going to work just fine. including the reflectics, it makes a roll about 32" long and 10" in diameter.

·
Registered
9,614 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Think this idea will sell to Cabala's? Are they going to invest in this wonderous invention an make you another 5 million?
Darn I just tossed a bunch of bubble wrap, should have saved it an got rid of all my blankets.
How much noise does it make when you roll over an it starts popping? Or did you prepop it?

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
As cold as this Winter has been so far, I hope no kids read this an decide to try it an freeze to death. Course most 4 year olds have more brains than that.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
ESCAPE, in 1990? You mean the one that was so successful it wasn't even noted in your Federal Inmate Central File?

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
ESCAPE, in 1990? You mean the one that was so successful it wasn't even noted in your Federal Inmate Central File?
I thought it was a walk-away from a work site or a ‘didn’t come back to the camp one night’ thing.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
It was not reporting to a Half-Way House.

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
we are hitting wind chills of -47F up here, no one goes outside. Don't think Melvin's contraption would work here! Remember Melvin we all live in different geographical locations, what works for one person, might not work for the rest.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
-2 here right now. way too cold for me. Only people that like this kind of weather is the propane an electric companys!

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
-11 here. I just braved it to fire one shot each out of my Garand and M48A. Neither the .30/o6 nor 8MM will allow the bolt to close on this Mauser Sniper rifle I'm trying to ID. Now I've got to clean two rifles that proved nothing except what it isn't. It's got to be 8MM/.3006. A guy just offered $600.00 for it. I didn't advertise it for sale, just information. NOT MY GUN!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
It was not reporting to a Half-Way House.
Certainly sounds intense enough to still be bringing it up more than a quarter-century later. Exciting story when I looked it up...:eek3:

In the early 90’s, I was federally licensed and (legally) sold guns to federal guards at nasa on the side, while I worked in the mission control center. True story, but it doesn’t generally occur to me to bring it up out of the blue almost three decades later.

But to be fair, it’s certainly not as intense and desperado-esque as riding a city bus to a friend’s place.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Imagine the excitement and tense moment's when that frightening phone call came from the U.S. Marshals ordering him to get his convict butt to the Half Way House NOW!

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
roflmao!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts