Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 3 gun match I shot last Sunday, will stick in my memory for a while! I expected to be a little rusty since I hadn't shot a 3 gun match in 2 years, I expected to be a little slow since this was the first time shooting a match with the M1 Carbine instead of my AR (which the gov't has banned the use of up here). What I wasn't ready for was the extractor on the M1 Carbine to break at the start of the 4th stage. I ended with a last place finish, which I haven't seen in decades (which was also due to a broken gun).

• Sad
Reactions: BigEd and Dorobuta

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
stuff happens, which is why in the larger scheme of things, we need spares. One is none, Two is one, etc...

I had a release fail on me in a 3-d archery shoot. I now keep a small kit with a number of items for repairs / replacement in the field. Wouldn't help you in your case, but these are the things that remind us that Murphy strikes randomly.

·
Registered
10,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I shouldn't be surprised, it was probably the original extractor put in when the gun was built in 1945. I've got replacement extractors coming from Minnesota and the bolt tool coming from Missouri, least if it happens again, I'll be able to deal with it quickly.

Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Garand, sorry to hear that you got hit by Murphy's Law. I've had extractors either break or malfunction on 3 different firearms over the years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts