Arms Locker banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
I'm sure that it will be a lively fun board, just like your best pal Terry made you moderator of over at Aimoo. I remember that the members were the most intelligent and knowledgable people that I ever met. (NOT! :D )

Me cry? I've never laughed so hard that I cried but theres always a first time if you get a board up with real live human beings on it instead of andy,223 fan,erika clones.

RIKA

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Didn't you pull this one once before? I'll repeat what I said then...

Go, make your own board, invite your invisible friends and leave the real discussions to the real people.

Mike

·
Registered
779 Posts
Oh good grief you mean like the one board he had paid to have set up for him then couldn't figure out how to run? :dunce: :laugh:

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
TODD 3465 said:
Oh good grief you mean like the one board he had paid to have set up for him then couldn't figure out how to run? :dunce: :laugh:
Yes, the one that was going to earn him millions of dollars. It's still up, btw.

Of course it hasn't changed any since it was originally put up.

:devil:

·
Site Founder
4,814 Posts
Setting up a message board system and getting traffic to it is not one of the easier things in the world to do. You can do it if you have LOTS of money for advertising, but unless you have a good reason for people to STICK there and become regular contributors, all you will have are visitors who will take a quick look around, then be on their way to their regular stomping grounds.

Maybe if you had (and I, for that matter) had done something like this 5 years ago, it would have been easy. But now there are SO many message boards out there on every conceivable topic, that bringing up another one is going to be a rocky, frustrating road to travel. Hell, this one has been up over a year and I STILL am only getting 30+ members to visit every day. As far as I am concerned, this site is still teetering on the edge of falling into the black hole of failed websites.

Now to be honest, if I had to do it all over again, would I have set up this board back then knowing what I know now? Nope. Not a chance. I'm not pulling the plug on it because it doesn't really provide a drain on me to keep it running, but I would NOT go through what it took to set it all up and try to get traffic here again.

My opinion, of course.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I aint invited? Awww...shucks, wait, what am I not invited to?

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I guess you ain't invited anymore either - are you crying?

:devil:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Hasher said:
Melvin.

You ever pay Milt Sparks back the money you stole from him yet? Convict. :punch:
That might make for an interesting phone call. Maybe even two phone calls ...

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Hasher said:
Melvin.

You ever pay Milt Sparks back the money you stole from him yet? Convict. :punch:
No wonder he uses a homemade pocket holster these days!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Hasher said:
Melvin.

You ever pay Milt Sparks back the money you stole from him yet? Convict.
Wylycoyte said:
No wonder he uses a homemade pocket holster these days!
This is getting funnier by the minute ...

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
IIRC Milt died of a heart attack several years ago

cheers

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Tony Kanale's running Sparks now. They make good stuff.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
YEah let me clarify the story as it was related to me. When fucktardo was getting ready ot go to the world champoinships way back when milt gave him a few hundred dollars to help him and as I heard it a place to stay and train for a while. When Milt later wanted to be repayed cause taaard had a job, tard got shitty wirth him and has been crapping on the memory of a fine man ever since. So that makes him a

THIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
My Dad had several conversations with Milt Sparks and says that he was a real gentleman. Gunkid is scum and his cheating the man who helped him doesn't surprise me. We have several of the original holsters and they are top notch even today.

RIKA

1 - 20 of 21 Posts