Firearm Forums - Arms Locker banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CZ USA recently it will not offer the .45 97b for sale in it's product line. The all metal 10 + 1 .45 97b is my favorite Winter carry. Sure it's heavy, but it soaks up recoil making follow up shot's a snap. I have never had a malfunction with the gun and it's very accurate. Maybe a trend of all manufacturers moving away from steel to polymer? I expect 97b prices to jump quickly while they're still available.
Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
Bummer. I bought their CZ75-P01 a couple years ago and love the stupid thing.

Maybe it'll come back eventually, possibly slightly changed & updated. It seems to me like metal framed pistols are actually gaining in popularity overall, with the CSX, the metal-framed P320 version, and probably some I'm forgetting. For that matter, didn't Walther come out with an all-steel 9mm pistol a year or two ago? I'm kind of ambivalent either way - my favorite carry gun is a polymer HK, but the metal P01 is my second and a glock would be my third.

·
Super Moderator
2,319 Posts
Makes me wonder if it's possibly slumping sales of that model. Plus them now owning Colt.
And personally I think that's a big mistake. There's no "Heritage" DA/SA Colt model. Certainly not that Double Eagle abortion. The only person I knew that owned one was my cousin Bob. And if you knew him that ain't saying anything much.

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Makes me wonder if it's possibly slumping sales of that model. Plus them now owning Colt.
They never were exactly inexpensive. Years ago mine came to around $850.00. Worth it to me, but a lot cheaper .45's out there.

·
Super Moderator
2,319 Posts
Understood, not sure what the business strategy is for sure.
I always thought a frame size like that might also be ideal for say a 10mm. Or maybe a "modern" Younger Brother so to speak of the CZ-52, have a double stack 7.62x25mm pistol. Oh well so much for that dream.

·
Super Moderator
2,319 Posts
And they were almost set to start a production facility in Little Rock Arkansas. But cancelled it; at least for now
IMHO, that must be due to the election results. As they said it's been put on hold for 3-4 years.

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And they were almost set to start a production facility in Little Rock Arkansas. But cancelled it; at least for now
IMHO, that must be due to the election results. As they said it's been put on hold for 3-4 years.
3 to 4 years? And here I was expecting something fantastic from CZ/Colt at the 2022 Shot Show. Looking at the CZ discontinued list I see an awful lot of firearms on it.

• Sad
Reactions: BigEd

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
They stopped producing the FN Browning Hi Power about 3 years ago, how long was it until some other company picked up the ball?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts