1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
I may join in on those someday. My only 1873 rifle is at a shop now, getting an action job; but that looks like a bunch of low-stress fun. Not sure about the clothing, though. I’d have to come up with something along those lines.

·
Registered
10,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is low stress fun, compared to the 3 gun match that I shot last weekend, other than my shooting buddy, the average age of the shooters was 30 years younger than us. There is probably a reason that since Sunday afternoon she asked the question, "aren't you getting a little to old for 3 gun", TWICE!

In Cowboy Action depending on which category you choose you can either go a minimalist outfit, or if you choose "B Western" you can go whole hog and drop a lot of coin. I either shoot "Wrangler" or "Silver Senior" these days, category dress code means boots, plain long sleeve shirt, jeans and a hat. So if I feel lazy I don't have to go crazy unless the wife wants to pretty me up.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I've considered it myself.

I didn't watch the whole video yet but I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't see some people I know.

That's only maybe an hour South of me, depending on traffic and construction.
Old Fort Gun Club.

They also used to host long range shooting events.
Joining and participating in those was something I put in the back burner but need to see about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts